Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:29 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:05 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ok so I decided to save up and buy the Archos Gamepad. I bought it from Amazon and it was brand new. Everything seems great so far apart from the fact that when I plug the mini HDMI cable into the device I get nothing on my TV screen. I also tried it on my HD monitor and nothing.
I decided to try it through an HDMI splitter and when I plug the cable in the light on the splitter comes on so it's recognizing the cable. I've tried updating to the latest software, I've tried every resolution on the device (my TV is true HD anyway), I've tried resetting to default settings through the recovery menu and at this point I'm getting pretty fed up.
So before it goes back to Archos for a replacement I'd like to ask the experts first.

Maybe I've bought the wrong type of cable. Here's the one that I bought :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280653113645?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Is this the correct one or have I made a boo boo? And if so could you please tell which which cable it is I need.

All the best and thanks in advance guys.

Tantrums.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:21 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I know this is a dumb question but you have turn on HDMI output in the settings?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:44 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Yeah it's turned on. I've tried two different TVs, two HDMI monitors, two different cables and still nothing.
I tried to update the Archos which didn't make a difference and then tech support told me to restore it to factory default which I also tried.
I sent a message to Archos support about it and about two weeks later they replied and clearly hadn't even read my original message to them because their amazing advice was to make sure it was turned on in the settings and also to try it on another TV which I had already told them I had done.

I even went out and bought a brand new A\V receiver just in case for some reason my monitors and TVs were too old but it didn't work through the receiver either which accepts every audio\video format.

Anyway by the time they had bothered getting back to me I'd already set up an RMA so it's now being tested by Archos so in theory I should be receiving a replacement model that works. If they dare to send me the same busted one back there will be hell to pay.

Cheers mate.

Seb