Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:09 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:36 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

My new Gamepad is doing erratic clicks on both upper corners of the touch screen area. When I first bought this everything was fine but after the latest firmware update it happened. It’s annoying to navigate now in the tablet especially when browsing the web. The right corner where options are located suddenly opens and after that the left corner where the Google icon is will open also.
I will be most of the time closing this windows more than actually doing what I want to do. I did not rooted it or installed any illegal software’s. I tried re calibrating the screen on reboot but still it remains. Can you please help me on this. I really love this product and what it can do is amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:15 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I've not heard this problem before, you should contact Archos support for help as your Gamepad may have developed a fault in the screen.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ok, I will try to reach them. The thing with this problem it only behave in the upper corners. If there's no buttons on that part it will not happen but if there is like a new tab button, preference button or pause button it will act up. Then this Google on the left corner will open up. Geez!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:19 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Anyone has a solution for this? I'm still waiting for an answer from Archos. When I played games on it now especially games with upper corner selection buttons it will click on its own and open it annoying me to much that I need to close this windows every time to continue playing. I tried the factory reset and still without adding anything it will behave like this its really frustrating. If no solution is made I need to send it back to the store and get my money back. One more thing I need to ad I noticed also that the SD CARD is ejected automatically without even touching it then access it again. For 2 weeks since I bought it's like it has a mind of its own.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:58 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

The SD card issue a known bug, better off leaving it out for now until it's fixed in an update. Is the writing on your screen now back to front?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:03 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I still have the problem guys with the upper corners still persist even after the factory reset. I can't return the gamepad now cause I exceeded the 7 day policy rule of the store. I'm hoping that Archos will update the firmware soon hope that solve the problem if not I'm stuck with an annoying game pad.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:03 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I too have this exact problem, so it's not an isolated incident. Have just contacted Archos support so I'll see what they say. Have updated to latest firmware but that doesn't make any difference. If it is a screen fault they I can only imagine that I'll need to get a replacement/repair.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

At last someone with the same problem. I tried contacting Archos for the second time since I posted here. I hope they come up with a solution. I was playing modern combat 3 lately and damn its annoying when that touch screen problem happens. I need to press the resume button again and again just to continue cause that pause button in the corner acts up.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I've posted on the Archos Facebook page and contacted support so I'll let you know what they come back with. If there's more than one incident, they will have to address it !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Same problem for me also, top right of screen, been ok for a few weeks, now doing it all the time, makes the unit as good as useless to be honest. Can't play anything without this opening a menu ever 5 seconds or so.

I was warned about the quality of Archos products, expected it to work for more than a few weeks though, I just hope it's a software fix, I turned off the mapping tool and it still does it, so look more a screen issue. Very disappointed, I hope a answer is quick in forthcoming...

:(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:31 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Looks like this is a more common problem than first thought. Can everyone make sure they log an official support call at Archos.com ? Stick a comment on their Facebook page too if you can. If support from Archos is forthcoming, that's fine. This is a new product after all. I'll be happy with a working replacement if that is the only solution (as long as post and packing is free).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

So, Archos on Facebook say re-calibrate the screen and Archos support say return the item (at my expense). Pretty sure the calibration won't make any difference but will try tonight anyway. As for returning the item, just waiting for Archos to comment on why I should pay the postage, when under the Sale of Goods Act and Distance Selling Regulations the obligation is theirs to cover this cost, regardless of what they have in their own terms and conditions. In fact their own terms and conditions are nullified if they contradict consumer law.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:13 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I did look for a re-calibrate option, where is that hidden? I looked through the settings and could not see it...

Time for me to hit google :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:37 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

According to Archos :

Go to settings > about tablet > Start Wizard > OK then hold the power button and choose switch off. Make sure the screen is perfectly clean and dry (windex is NOT recommended ) and then put the gamepad on a FLAT surface and power it back up. It'll take you through the wizard and the all important calibration steps.
This will not delete your data.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:58 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Great thanks for that, was never going to find that :D

Just recalibrating now... I will update with results

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:02 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Nope it's the same, what junk... I raised a ticket with support...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

So cleaned the screen, re-calibrated as per instructions, and guess what, still the same. Have been advised to contact the web shop at [email protected] to organise the collection of the Gamepad and subsequent refund.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:56 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Tried what they said in Facebook Stan. It's absolutely no use. I will try my luck with the store again tonight. :x

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:26 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I got my message back from Archos support, pretty short, it said attached is the return PDF...

So basically they just said send it back, nothing else, at my cost... haha amazing, but at this point I would rather just get it sorted, thing is no good to me like this... So I will send off this afternoon... lets hope there turnaround is pretty fast...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:39 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I was told to contact the web shop [email protected] and they would arrange to collect the faulty Gamepad and replace/refund as it is not your responsibility to pay for the return. They haven't replied yet though ...