Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:18 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:16 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

There's a new firmware listed on the support site - it was posted yesterday, but is still showing as 'Forbidden' - hopefully it will be available tomorrow, and hopefully it will improve performance, my device is getting a bit buggy with the archos video player fc, and battery is far from great. All in all it's far from optimised, I think I'd like to see the cpu power settings implemented as in previous versions, the device is sometimes very slow to resond, way slower than it should be with the given cpu speed - compared to my galaxy tab 7 plus @ 1.2ghz, the tab is much faster and smoother, I am begining to wonder if moving from samsung devices back to Archos may be a mistake considering the tab 10.1 is similarly priced. I moved away from Archos as gen 9 had nothing to offer me in comparison to samsung ( and others ) devices, I really want the gen 10 to restore my faith in Archos products, as I've been using them for the best part of 10 years, and they were always the best product available
I'm also hoping, probably in vain, that the bottom port on the gen 10's is also capable of video - in and we get the facility that was Archos's greatest feature - tv recording !!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:48 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

paulus3476 wrote:
There's a new firmware listed on the support site - it was posted yesterday, but is still showing as 'Forbidden' - hopefully it will be available tomorrow, and hopefully it will improve performance, my device is getting a bit buggy with the archos video player fc, and battery is far from great. All in all it's far from optimised, I think I'd like to see the cpu power settings implemented as in previous versions, the device is sometimes very slow to resond, way slower than it should be with the given cpu speed - compared to my galaxy tab 7 plus @ 1.2ghz, the tab is much faster and smoother, I am begining to wonder if moving from samsung devices back to Archos may be a mistake considering the tab 10.1 is similarly priced. I moved away from Archos as gen 9 had nothing to offer me in comparison to samsung ( and others ) devices, I really want the gen 10 to restore my faith in Archos products, as I've been using them for the best part of 10 years, and they were always the best product available
I'm also hoping, probably in vain, that the bottom port on the gen 10's is also capable of video - in and we get the facility that was Archos's greatest feature - tv recording !!

Hi!

I've just received a notification on the tablet of this update.

I'm at university and so at the moment i won't install it.

However my 101xs is working greatly with jb, really smooth, no lag or fc or freeze. Really satisfied =D

Someone has already installed the update?

I will search on archos website for changelog.

Hi to all

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:53 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ok, just found the changelog on official archos website.

I won't install it because there aren't big changes and my 101xs is working greatly.

If someone will install it, please post his impressions ;-)

Quote:
Version 4.1.2 - February 18th, 2013

Archos applications: add Archos multimedia server back, update Archos Video, Music, File Manager, GamePad Mapping Tool to be in par with GooglePlay versions.
Google backup manager: make it work again
HDMI: avoid interference of CEC detected as DPAD with some games such as Max Payne