Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:41 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Keyboard
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:21 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi everyone, I have just setup my new Gen10 XS but the keyboard does not work, am I a bit dumb :roll: or do I need to activate the keyboard in settings or should it work automatically when the screen is placed on the keyboard?.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards, Steve.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR TO ALL.

Post subject: Re: Keyboard
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:21 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

What does it say in the manual?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

To check if your keyboard is properly connected to the tablet or not , go to Play Store to download and install an app called "USB HOST CONTROLLER" .
Start this app and choose the tab "USB" and press "refresh" , you should see an entry for USB keyboard if the tablet is connected to the keyboard.

Last edited by law2too on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:46 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

jamie41 wrote:

Hi Jamie, there are no instructions whatsoever about the keyboard in either the supplied guide or the downloaded full manual.
Kind regards, Steve.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:50 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

law2too wrote:
To check if your keyboard is properly connected to the tablet or not , go to Play Store to download and install an app called "USB HOST CONTROLLER" .
Start this app and choose the tab "USB" and press "refesh" , you should see an entry for USB keyboard if the tablet is connected to the keyboard.

Hi, many thanks for your reply however it is not a USB keyboard, the keyboard is connected when the display is placed vertically on the keyboard, terminals on both sections connect.
Kind regards, Steve.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:01 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

stpauli wrote:
jamie41 wrote:

Hi Jamie, there are no instructions whatsoever about the keyboard in either the supplied guide or the downloaded full manual.
Kind regards, Steve.

Did you download the "Coverboard" Manual? From memory, I have a feeling that it says you just fit and type.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:02 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

stpauli wrote:
law2too wrote:
Start this app and choose the tab "USB" and press "refesh" , you should see an entry for USB keyboard if the tablet is connected to the keyboard.

Hi, many thanks for your reply however it is not a USB keyboard, the keyboard is connected when the display is placed vertically on the keyboard, terminals on both sections connect.
Kind regards, Steve.

Sorry that I was unclear in my previous posting.
I was actually talking about the proprietary Archos coverboard (cum keyboard) , not some usb keyboard.
This piece of app "USB Host controller" can check if the coverboard is successfully docked with the tablet , ie if there is any physical connection problem.
Just insert vertically the tablet into the coverboard connector (so turn it into a keyboard) , run the app and see if an entry for "USB keyboard" appears (the USB keyboard here refers to the Archos coverboard in this case).
If the entry USB keyboard shows up , then there is no connection problem. It could be due to some other problems.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:10 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi law2too, =D> Many Many thanks for your FANTASTIC help, I downloaded the app, followed your instructions and now everything is working fine, you have really made my day and if you were in Sunderland UK I would buy you a pint or 3.
Have a great Christmas and 2013. Steve. :D

law2too wrote:
stpauli wrote:
law2too wrote:

Kind regards, Steve.

Sorry that I was unclear in my previous posting.
I was actually talking about the proprietary Archos coverboard (cum keyboard) , not some usb keyboard.
This piece of app "USB Host controller" can check if the coverboard is successfully docked with the tablet , ie if there is any physical connection problem.
Just insert vertically the tablet into the coverboard connector (so turn it into a keyboard) , run the app and see if an entry for "USB keyboard" appears (the USB keyboard here refers to the Archos coverboard in this case).
If the entry USB keyboard shows up , then there is no connection problem. It could be due to some other problems.