Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:20 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:18 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello Archos community,

I have just picked up my Gen10 XS a couple of hours ago. I'm a total newbie with Android, this is my first device with this OS.

The tablet is for my wife and she needs to type Romanian text with specific accented characters (ie ș, ă, î, ț). This is a must-have feature. Without this, I'll probably try to return the tablet.

It never crossed my mind that Android would not have 100% proper support for this! Linux does and Windows does, so I expected nothing less from Android. It seems the situation is not rosy, at least in Android 4.0. However, Android 4.1 seems to include a Romanian layout, but that is a virtual keyboard.

What I'm particularly interested in is having the physical keyboard configured with the Romanian layout. To clarify, I don't want a keyboard with Romanian characters painted on it, only the software layout to be Romanian. That is when pressing such keys [ ] ; ' they should produce such characters ă î ș ț

How can I set this up?

In Settings/Language & Input, what does this mean: "Key layout for the external USB keyboard"? Is that the physical keyboard that comes with XS or a different keyboard that I could plug in?

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:13 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I join a question: how to change a language layout (in my case to the Russian) on the physical Archos XS keyboard?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I will answer the question: in my case it was necessary to put the "Russian Keyboard" program from PlayMarket

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:40 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

scaronface wrote:
I will answer the question: in my case it was necessary to put the "Russian Keyboard" program from PlayMarket
So this application enabled your physical keyboard to type Russian characters?
Can you tell me who makes this app? Searching PlayStore for "Russian Keyboard" gives more than one result.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:22 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

In the program there is a possibility of control both the virtual keyboard, and physical coverboard.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... m9hcmQiXQ..