Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:12 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Just sold my Nexus 7
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:53 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Hi folks,

So the Nexus 7 was an awesome device, but alas, i've discovered that I don't like 7" tablets. I prefer the larger screens and will do so from now on.

I've had my eye firmly set on the new Sony Xperia Tablet that is on sale now, but at £329 it's a little bit of a bank breaker despite it awesome features and design.

Just noticed the 10XS. I used to be an avid Archos fan, having numerous devices, but after the Gen 8 I lost interest.

When is this device available? Would it be recommended, what about the Carbon? Is the 80 G9 a little outdated now?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Just sold my Nexus 7
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:35 pm 

I would suggest waiting for the new 10 XS. It should be coming out within a few months (possibly sooner for European market?). The G9s are still good, as they use the same SoC that the Galaxy Nexus uses. Honestly though, with how soon the G10 should be coming out, I would wait for it if you can go without a tablet for a month or so.

Of course I'm not sure of the dates, but I would suspect that they should be coming soon. If you want something immediately, then you probably won't want to wait for the G10 to hit the market.

Post subject: Re: Just sold my Nexus 7
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:12 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I'll be honest with you Hairfainx, I just want a device now.

I've had a Nexus S on contract now for nearly 2 years, not due to expire until January and not able to update, it's just such a laggy and boring device now, I've always needed a tablet to supplement it.

Is the 80G9 not a suitable purchase anymore given it's age? It's a good price compared to the Sony Xperia tablet, it's released on the 7th September but some who have had hands on have said it's not a very good device in terms of build quality and the screen wasn't any better than their previous line of devices. £329 is a considerable amount in my opinion.