Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:32 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:07 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Hi
what will be the Hard drive use in next Gen 10 ?
I hope in 1 o 2 devices with hard disk.
have you some news?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:25 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I would prefer an SSD. If I had a Hard Disk version, I would swap it for an SSD anyway!

How about Archos provide a cubby-hole at the back (a bit like that for the 3G stick on the G9) where an owner could put an HDD or an SSD at their choice?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:45 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

+512 GB SDD would be fine. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

500GB hard drive versions would be cool. Maybe they may even talk to their friends at Seagate and see if they can put up to a 2TB 2.5" hard drive storage on some G10 skews. The hard drive skews are options, if you don't want the hard drive, for $50 less or so you have the 8GB or 16GB Flash version with the Micro-SD slot.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:53 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I think that Hard drive is a peculiarity of Archos production.
Archos is the only company that can satisfy the part of the market that need storage.
I hope they want to continue to mantain this theyr own market .

Personally I have a IT70it 250GB since 1,5 years.
I use it every day to download movies, watch TV seryes, navigate in Internet..... but now I need more RAM and Ghz in CPU

..........ah and the size should be 5" ......... I want a 5" hard drive based G10 ! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:41 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I love my 5IT 500GB as mobile FLAC player. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

SvenC wrote:

Archos should make 1TB and 2TB 5" and 7" G10 tablets, that would be interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:43 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Charbax wrote:
SvenC wrote:

Archos should make 1TB and 2TB 5" and 7" G10 tablets, that would be interesting.

I hope they will hear your suggestion ( you are very influential in Archos ;) !)
I think a renewal A50IT G10 with HD (1 o 2 TB),GPS,HDMI ,USB and optional 3G will be a BEST BUY for many technology consumers.
I will buy surely.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:42 am 
Archos User
Archos User

i'd love to see them revisit the items that convinced me to buy my archos a5a in the first place: the fm tuner and modulator, which i still use all the time, and nothing else does it! honestly, if i could wave a magic wand and give it a faster processor and more memory, i'd never replace it! do what you did before, archos, only better!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:39 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ms07.guf wrote:
I think that Hard drive is a peculiarity of Archos production.
Archos is the only company that can satisfy the part of the market that need storage.
I hope they want to continue to mantain this theyr own market .

...Amen to this!!! =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:53 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I love my Archos 80 G9 1.5 GHz 1 GB RAM ICS with the 250 GB hard drive. I will only buy a product that has capacity for my videos and all the various apps that I want to experiment with.

I had the Archos 7 which I tolerated because it has a 300 GB hard drive but was not flexible enough due to its operating system. Barely got 3 years out it before it was left behind due to video format changes.

As long as Archos keeps providing affordable storage options, I will remain a customer.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:31 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ms07.guf wrote:
Charbax wrote:
SvenC wrote:

I hope they will hear your suggestion ( you are very influential in Archos ;) !)
I think a renewal A50IT G10 with HD (1 o 2 TB),GPS,HDMI ,USB and optional 3G will be a BEST BUY for many technology consumers.
I will buy surely.

I'm waiting for that for years!
Just need storage (1Gb), good sound chip, really long battery life and a capacitive display in a a small as possible size. That would probably be 5". I don't care if that would be 18mm thick if I could listen for 40 hours.

Johnny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:40 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'd love to see another 5" hard drive tablet. Especially one with a newer processor and a capacitive screen. My A5IT isn't going to last forever, especially using it 10-12 hours a day as my music player in the car/at work and my couch-top web browser at home. :)

And I'd really like to see the XS come with a hard drive option. That would give it a major edge over the Asus Transformer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:00 am 
Archos User
Archos User

On Archos lounge I red that there is no future for Hard Disk use in mind of ARCHOS !
I think it is the worst choice that they can do!
ARCHOS means storage for me.
If I should need speed, performance and chip price I could get a GALAXY TAB.2 for €200 !!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ms07.guf wrote:
On Archos lounge I red that there is no future for Hard Disk use in mind of ARCHOS !

Archoslounge don't really know, they are just guessing. But it's true that Hard Drive is incompatible with the Extra Slim "XS" marketing of G10, and it's possible that the many magnets on G10 are also incompatible with a hard drive. But that still does not mean that Archos isn't also preparing some hard drive devices to be released soon possibly. For example maybe there are some 5" and 7" G10 models that may not need to be as XS as the bigger ones, and thus may come with some crazy 1TB hard drive capacity or something. A thick Archos Gamepad could be funny, thus with space enough to store thousands of games even large emulated games.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:34 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Charbax wrote:
ms07.guf wrote:

Archoslounge don't really know, they are just guessing. But it's true that Hard Drive is incompatible with the Extra Slim "XS" marketing of G10, and it's possible that the many magnets on G10 are also incompatible with a hard drive. But that still does not mean that Archos isn't also preparing some hard drive devices to be released soon possibly. For example maybe there are some 5" and 7" G10 models that may not need to be as XS as the bigger ones, and thus may come with some crazy 1TB hard drive capacity or something. A thick Archos Gamepad could be funny, thus with space enough to store thousands of games even large emulated games.

Personally I'do not mind thickness very much ! a 5" or 7" with 1TB of Disk ( also in ELEMENTS serye if not possible in G10) will be mine surely.
I'm waiting to change my A70 H with a new tablet. It is old and I have many many problems with streaming and with many applications.
But I will wait that Archos will say us some news about next HARD DISK devices.
Thank you Charabax

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:19 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

At the very least, I want a 5" tablet with larger capacity and more up-to-date specs. I love my Archos 5 IT, but Would love an updated version at some point. The thing that made me love Archos WAS the 500GB HDD. My Music library is like 240 GB and compressing it to fit on my iPod took weeks. Plus, I can put movies and stuff on top of it.

I also now have a G9 8 inch tablet, because I like the product (and the new tablets are sexy) but what I really want is a HARD DRIVE model of tablet so I can store all my music and pop on some videos and still have play room.

So yeah, like a few people have already said.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:28 am 
Archos User
Archos User

- 5" or 7" hard drive based (500 GB, 1TB)
- 1 GB RAM ( or more)
- dual core 1,5 Ghz
- USB ( host,slave,power charge) , HDMI, GPS
- Full HD resolution video/output
- ANDROID JELLY BEAN

Hello ARCHOS we sent you what we need and what we will buy , please work on these specifics !!!! =D>