General Forum RulesTopics and Posts:
the boards before you post to see if your question has already been asked/answered.
- Stay in one Topic - until your problem is resolved. This will help us to help you.
- Pick a decent Subject title for your Topic or Post - "wtf is it doing", "question", "dare ya" and "help" are not reasonable titles.
- Topic Subjects or Posts in all CAPS are difficult to read, and will be deleted by a member of staff.
- Don't open multiple new Topics on the same Subject in different Subforums. Choose a Subject, choose a Subforum
- If you feel you have put a Topic in the incorrect Subforum contact a member of the team who will more than happily assist you
- A staff member will send you a Private Message (PM) with the contents of your Post immediately prior to deleting it.Swearing/Disrespect:
- Read through your post, if there is swearing / quoted swearing this will result in the staff:
Issuing a Warning to the poster
Deleting the swearing from the post and Locking the post from editing by the poster.
Closing the Topic (Locking the Topic to prevent additional posts)
Banning repeat offenders
- Acronyms are included as swearing. For example: PITA, WTF, and POS.
- Swearing is only allowed in the "Off-Topic" Forum/Subforum
- Do not initiate or participate in Post or Topic discussions directed at forum members which include:
- Do not quote the hateful or disrespectful sections of a post.Spam/Warez:
- Posting, or linking to, sites whose sole intention is selling members products unrelated to Archos products is Spam, including: Shoes, Clothes, Handbags, Cell phones, etc.
- Spamming, even once, results in a permanent ban.
- Don't reply to Spam
, if you suspect Spam select the ! link in the bottom right side of the Post Area. Replying to spam causes more work for moderators and will result in a warning.
- No Warez. This includes warez:
Requests for help in getting illegal software or copyrighted material
- If you register just to promote a malicious website link in your profile you will be permanently banned.Product Links:
- A link to a product to inform members where they may get a useful product may not be Spam. For example: A link to a screen protector or USB cable or a useful Android App.
- Use the Competitors Subforum of the General Forum for detailed discussions of, and comparisons with, Archos Competitors' products.Trolling:
- Do not Troll on the Forums. This includes
Posting only to increase your post count
Trying to deliberately create a flame war
For regular forum users the above is not new. This is the common state on just about every good message board. So I hope you understand that this is just to keep this place what it is --> a fantastic place for all kind of Archos users that need help with their precious
. In that context, I'd like to thank all the moderators for an awesome job