Gen 8 Wiki Pages:
I've started to review the Gen8 Wiki Pages and noticed a couple of things so far and thought I'd let you know of my intentions before I:
1. Change the background color to Greens to differentiate from the Gen7 (Yellows) and Home Tablets (Blues)3 Dec 2010: Changed the background colors to green for Gen8 Pages. Noted Box templates are for Gen8 pages and need to create Box7 and BoxHT templates.
2. Add Categories to tablet specific pages: A28, A32, A43, A70, and A1013 Dec 2010: Added Android Category to All Gen8 pages
3. Replace links for non-Gen8 pages with Gen8 pages such as "Bluetooth tethering phones..." an A5A page.
4. Add pages for: Before You Buy, Newbie Tips, Owner Reviews, etc.
5. Add links to our Wiki Glossary
6. Review and make specific Gen8 Page titles: Some A5A pages titles were created as if the A5A were the only device Archos would ever produce. For example consider these Page Titles:
- A5A - List of Applications tested to work
- 7HT - Archos 7HT List of Applications
Since duplicate page titles cannot exist a page title should include which Generation and/or Archos device the page refers to.
Our standards are arbitrary in that we are the ones who create them, and create them we must to improve the experience of all users of our Wiki.
New Wiki members note that each Wiki page has a "discussion" or "talk" page which allows us to comment on a page w/o changing the page.
I see forum discussions as lively, personal, rapidly changing, and filled with a lot of misinformation at times. Wiki pages, in contrast, are typically less animate and personal, slowly change, and have more accurate information.
Our Forums and Wiki have a natural interaction with each other:
1. Forum discussions often result in creation or changing of Wiki pages
2. Wiki pages often link to Forum topics.
3. Forum topics often link to Wiki pages.
We have a lot of new members here because of the Gen 8s. If any of you are interested in coordinating our efforts on the Gen8 Wiki pages please PM me with your Skype Id so we can talk and share screens.
Finally, I'll remind potential Wiki authors: We do not have a combined logon for the Forum and the Wiki. You must register to edit or create Wiki pages. You can make our lives a lot easier if your Forum and Wiki user names are as close to identical as possible. Note our Wiki forces an Uppercase first letter in the user name.