Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:00 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:43 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I just added a new section re: wallpaper. Please check it over for accuracy and clarity.
http://wiki.archosfans.com/index.php?ti ... r_Tutorial

Thanks,
Sheila

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:40 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Quote:
I've added the Android Category and the page Android Resources.

I can't find those now unless I click the link posted in this thread. Was it intentional removed? Or am I just missing it? It seems a good addition to the Wiki so I can't imagine why it wouldn't be there. I just added an Android FAQ page to it that seems quite useful...
http://www.android-faqs.com/faqs.asp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:36 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

You should add the Archos category to any Misc pages you create just so things link to it.

Alternatively, go to this page, it lists all pages in the wiki: http://wiki.archosfans.com/index.php?ti ... l:AllPages

And all categories: http://wiki.archosfans.com/index.php?ti ... s/Category:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:56 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

The Wiki seems to be messed up. Hopefully it's a brief glitch while someone's working on it? But perhaps Charbax can take a look. I was about to add some new material re: battery / power management. Please take a look and see what can be done. Thanks.

Just checked and it's still wonky. I actually think someone intentionally sabotaged it. The links that display on the main page and Android page are junk links. When I go to my contributions I can click on those topics and they come up fine.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:41 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Someone has turned the wiki into spam, it can be reversed i'm doing some of it now.

If you want to help do this:

1. Go to this page that lists all pages in wiki - http://wiki.archosfans.com/index.php?ti ... l:AllPages
2. Pick a page to restore, then click on it
3. Right Click "History", and open in a new tab/window
4. Go down the list of dates/times until you find the latest one with non spam content
5. Click on the link to the latest revision with no spam content
6. Click "Edit"
7. Select all the article text, then right click and go to copy.
8. Go back to the first window/tab with the spammed article and click edit on it.
9. Replace the spam content with the text from clipboard, by going to edit - paste, (or ctrl v)
10. Write in the summary that you are removing spam
11. Click Save Page

ALTERNATIVELY - if only one spam edit has been made, then you can just go to the history link on the article page, and undo the revision that changed the page to spam.

Let me know if you have problems.
Probably best to do the edits while logged into the wiki too, so we can see your genuine.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:52 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Fixed the entire wiki, removed spam added new formatting to alot of pages to make it easier to read.

@Charbax, wouldnt mind getting higher privilages on the wiki so I can delete/merge old page please.
I'm Andrew on the wiki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:07 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Thanks both of you. Is there a way to prevent that from happening again? I think the Wiki is very important as our community grows.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Every page of the forum now links to the Wiki on the top right Wiki icon. I think the wiki is now looking pretty good thanks to all your work to start bringing to it some Google juice by linking to it from more than just this thread.

Perhaps if there was some way to more easily link up relevant Wiki pages from the relevant forum threads and posts, that could be good as well to increase the usage of the wiki to kind of make it one of the places to have an overview of solutions to users problems, to find tips and tricks, advice, FAQ, Q&A, to list the main Firmware bugs and Firmware wish-lists and more..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:18 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

well. thats great, we finally have our own archos wiki...

yuhuu!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi All,
I have just entered into the world of Archos, with the Archos 5 IT, having problems activating GPS, "Sorry, the application GPS(process.(com.ndrive)has stopped working unexpectedly, please try again"

Any Help Please

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:09 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Wiki Updated

http://wiki.archosfans.com/index.php?ti ... ng_to_work

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:20 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Removing a ton SPAM from the wiki right now. The bots have broadened their reach and all pages are being targeted now. And this is becoming increasingly a PITA to manage since the spam bots are throwing dozens of spam edits in a row...

Can we please disable anonymous edits on the wiki?

Charbax, I sent you the information on how to do this three weeks ago. Could you edit the LocalSettings.php file on your server with that code?

Last edited by buster8079 on Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anonymous edits are now disabled.

Will look into phrase check at registration to prevent bots from registering both on the wiki and on the forum especially.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:02 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Thank you.

And as I said in the past, this is not an ideal situation... since all of my (productive?) edits so far have also been anonymous. But logging in isn't so bad, so I will do that from here on out (happily so, if it helps keep the spam out!).

While we are on the topic of LocalSettings.php... ability to upload images to the wiki?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

buster8079 wrote:
While we are on the topic of LocalSettings.php... ability to upload images to the wiki?

Checking that out just before on the mediawiki wiki, it doesn't seem to be as easy an edit because of security issues, defining file types, permissions and other stuff. If you can tell me exactly which edits to do in the LocalSettings.php then I will do it..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:32 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I placed a Table of Contents to the List of App...to work page.

This allows forum links to the sections of that pages, such as this one to the Task Management section.

I've also started an Archos 5IT Stability page. Currently, the page is very rough.

Allen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:40 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

AllenPapapetrou wrote:
I placed a Table of Contents to the List of App...to work page.
As we have PM'd each other, Allen. I suggest that typically wiki's "look" better without TOCs, but with the List of Apps article, it works perfectly, the article is quite long and grew to the point that it really did need the kind of organization that the TOC gives. Also, the way in which the TOC is used in the List of Apps article is ideal because it is restrained within a table, so as to not expand unruly and take up so much screen "real estate" at the top of the page.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:48 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Hi Buster,

I'm glad you like way I put the TOC in the List of Apps page. You've contributed so much to our Wiki, that I would have removed it immediately if you hadn't approved.

Allen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:59 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Thanks Allen, but at the same time, it should go without saying, no one person owns the wiki... well, I suppose Charbax kind of does!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:05 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Aloha Buster,

I know no one owns the Wiki (Charbax excepted), however I have no desire to engage in wiki wars. I've seen eBlood spilt before ... not pretty.

Thus I defer to you and your passion which have done so much for our Community.

Allen

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next