Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:10 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have an AV500 100GB model which seems to have a duff battery but as it was sold with a spare battery pack, I have just tried to replace it. Nothing in the instruction manual on removal but following the 3 step diagram on the back of the spare battery it just seems to be a "simple" push fit 'n click job, so tried to prise the old battery out but it seems extremely tight.

Advice appreciated............before I damage anything!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:02 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

OK i've since managed to remove the battery which was very tightly fitted and not easy to remove. Following the instruction to replace, which is supposed to just push back on until it clicks, I got the new battery on.......but it did not click into place and feels loose.

Also at the same time of removing the old battery, the plastic Archos badge on the side came away. This has two hooked prongs which appears that something should go through them to hold it in place and I thought it may be the battery, but it doesn't appear to be. No matter what I try this piece of plastic does not seem to re-locate and stay fixed.

What have I done wrong........anyone help?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:51 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Yes, the archos badge is the latch that holds the battery. On the inside it should have a piece of metal with prongs at right angles. This slides in the side of the case, which should have another piece of metal attached to the case which sits on top of the slide and keeps it in place.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:29 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

fredc wrote:
Yes, the archos badge is the latch that holds the battery. On the inside it should have a piece of metal with prongs at right angles. This slides in the side of the case, which should have another piece of metal attached to the case which sits on top of the slide and keeps it in place.
Wonder if i've bust something then as I can't seem to get the archos badge piece to relocate. Cant see any metal piece either.

First time had to remove battery and looking at it assumed the logical way was to prise it up 'n out where the slot opening is on the side.