Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:05 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:58 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Just wondering if anyone can give me any pointers if my AV500 which as stacks of music files installed will work with aAlpine CDE-114 head unit which have just bought? http://www.online-caraudio.co.uk/shop/c ... 21874.html
As you will have gathered im not really up on this sort of thing:-( but i was hoping that it might beas simple as pluging it in to the usb port on the head unit or...................?
Any advice appreciated
Thanks
Steve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:53 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

the ipod stuff will not be any use, but you have an aux in on the front, so as a fallback just play the archos through headphone out into the aux with a stereo 3.5mm plug to stereo 3.5mm plug lead.

The usb might work if the controler chips are compatible but whether the head unit can read through the archos file structure you will need to read the head unit instructions. Some usb connections need all the mp3s in the root of a flash drive for example.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:11 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Would it be easier or work if i transfered all the music files omto a USB memory stick and used that on the head unit????????Lost :-)

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:32 am 

Both ways should work. If you use the AV500 with the AUX port you will probably use the AV500 to control the music that is playing.

If you load the music on a USB stick I would think the Alpine interface will let you control what is played off the stick with Alpines controls. The stick route may require you to set up folders or playlists so the Alpine can play those folders. I could be wrong though so you will need to fool around with it. Get a clean stick and load up two folders (A & B, Rap & Punk etc.). Each folder has 3 songs in it. Plug that stick into the USB port of the Alpine and see what it will let you do. It could just play each folder, it could let you pick the folders and songs. Fiddle around with it and see what options the Alpine gives you.

Do the same with the AV500. Plug it into the AUX port and see what the Alpines options are. This route will probably require you to use the AV500's controls to play the music. Good luck.