Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:26 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:10 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi,,

I just got my frist AV500 from Ebay and I love it. I found PocketDivxEncoder and it wokrs great.

But I do have a lot avi files with AC3 audio encoded ÔÇô so I am wondering if there is any software which can decode only audio potion of my avi files within much shorter time than PocketDivxEncoder does within video

Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:18 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

pk2007 wrote:
I just got my frist AV500 from Ebay and I love it. I found PocketDivxEncoder and it wokrs great.

But I do have a lot avi files with AC3 audio encoded ÔÇô so I am wondering if there is any software which can decode only audio potion of my avi files within much shorter time than PocketDivxEncoder does within video

mencoder can do this, and it's free. But you have to like the command-line interface, though. You just tell it to transcode the audio and pass the video right along as it is. Only takes a couple of minutes to do a movie. There are probably more friendly, graphical things that can do it as well. I'm sure other folks will pipe up with their favourites in due course.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

...like avidemux!

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:12 pm 

you can do this within pocket divx encoder, just click advance and on the video section "tick" the direct stream copy, this will leave the video as is and just recode the audio.
roy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

If your source files are video files with AC3 audio codec and you want to convert them to other video formats with other audio codec, you need this powerful AC3 to MP3 Tool- Faasoft Video Converter.

Then click the "Setting..." button -> "Advanced" window -> "Advanced" tab, then go to "Audio" column, click "Audio Codec" drop-down list to select desired one like "mp3". Then click "Convert" button.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:32 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Try this:
video to mp3 audio