Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:54 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:27 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I've got two 70B's. One I have upgraded to 3.2.81, the other still has 3.2.80. So far, I have not noticed much of any real difference in over normal operation.

I know the newer firmware is supposed to fix a problem with the camera and also join VOB files for playback, but...

Other than that is there any real reason to upgrade? Are there any new problems after upgrading that I haven't run into yet?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:04 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Archos 70b internet tablet is a decent tablet. For people who definitely want an 7″ tablet, it is a good buy. For 180EUR(we are talking here about the retailers price, not RRP; it is now even avilable as low as 161 on Amazon, check the links below) you get all the stuff you may need. It has got Honeycomb 3.2, bluetooth, HDMI etc. The camera is decent, the speakers are even more decent and the design is great. It didn’t get scratched during our test, it rebooted only once(probably due to our test app incompatibility) and even RAM was not a big problem. You can hold it with one hand, it has decent battery life, you can watch a movie with two people(we mean, the viewing angles are reasonably good) and it works…

…However, it works slower than 80 G9. The 80 G9 packs two times faster dual-core processor which can play 1080p, GPS, mirroring HDMI and has a nicer and a bigger screen. Not to forget, it is upgradeable to Android 4.0 and it is compatible with 3G stick. It is only 20EUR more expensive. However, it has its own disadvantages – the speaker is not placed great, it is heavier and not everybody will like the design. And it is not portable, that’s why some people want 7″ for entertainment on the go.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:29 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

To answer the OP's question...

I've been running 3.2.81 since it came out and I can't say I've noticed any differences one way of the other.

So, no reason to upgrade but no reason not to.