Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:48 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: 70b IT vs. 70IT
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:06 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Well, I've had some time to play with the 70bIT and I have to say I prefer the 70IT (with the arctools market hack).

Even though the weight difference is trivial (318g vs. 332g), I can tell which one I'm holding blindfolded, and light weight is really important to me. 70IT wins. Also, the 70bIT does not get as loud as the 70IT, and I like listening to music on it. The greater screen resolution is probably too much for the bargain screen they're using. It causes eyestrain for me - fortunately web browsing and ebook reading allow for play in setting font size. If I had sharper eyes and smaller fingers, these two issues could be eliminated, but the lack of oomph on audio and the (comparatively) heavy weight still present a problem.

I also don't like the completely entrenched googlesphere on this thing. It's impossible to uninstall google apps that I know I'm never going to use. Imagine getting shovelware on a new Windows desktop system but not being able to get rid of any of it. People would be (rightly) furious at MS. Google deserves the same fingerpointing. I'm trying to tweak my web and ebook reading experience on the 70bIT to justify the purchase in my mind as an improvement over the 70IT. May still happen, we'll see.

Post subject: Re: 70b IT vs. 70IT
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:31 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Main benefit is he ability to charge via USB!

I have both the 70IT and the 70bIT

I will most likely sell the 70IT unit.

Given the choice, my vote goes to the 70b!

Post subject: Re: 70b IT vs. 70IT
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:14 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

oj829 wrote:
I'm trying to tweak my web and ebook reading experience on the 70bIT to justify the purchase in my mind as an improvement over the 70IT. May still happen, we'll see.

Never really happened, unfortunately. The 70IT is still first in my heart.

Part of the blame lies with Google and Android and the inability to uninstall apps and services I have no intention of ever using. That's just bad.

And the other problem is battery-related. Twice now, I've picked up my tablet to find the battery completely spent and unable to sustain a boot. And I never put it to sleep. I ALWAYS power off. (Okay, ONCE I put it to sleep, but I knew immediately that that happened, and it was my finger's problem, so I woke it up and powered off properly.)

MAYBE I put the thing to sleep ONCE without knowing it, but twice? I doubt it. Powering down is a fairly ingrained habit with me. I love my 70IT too much to take it on the road, but OTOH if I have to charge the 70bIT via USB on the road, heaven help me.