Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:59 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:19 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello!

I'm new to Android and tablets and have started my "tablet life" with the Archos 70b. And I have some (minor?) troubles with that device.

My main issue is that there are often dropouts during playback of ogg (or mp3 files) from microSD using the standard music app from Archos. Same 8GB microSD card with same ogg files works fine on a Sansa Clip+. Those dropouts occur once in a while (after 5..10mins or more seldom), but sometimes 2..3 dropouts occur within some seconds. I have tried two different microSD cards from SanDisk, 8GB and 32GB - both claim to be class 6 (but that shouldn't matter for music playback), both expose the same droput problem.

I cannot enforce dropout by e.g. browsing the web or reading PDFs by ezpdf. I also tried a fresh reboot and deactivated WLAN - same problem.

I asked Archos support - they assume that their sdcard integration might be too slow - hey, I cannot believe that - a small 24MHz Clip+ should beat an 1.2GHz "monster" Android readind microSD card?!?

But there is another mysterious finding - after upgrading to current 3.2.81 firmware (one day after purchase) there seems to be a battery drain. The original firmware only used 2% during the "first" night, the 3.2.81 eats up over 20% per day without obvious running apps (maybe email is checked all 15mins).

Oh, and there is another annoying bug: Sometimes the email contents is shown as "white" text on white background. One can zoom that white contents (the scrollbars are visible) but still the email contents remains invisible. Sometimes by miracle the text re-appears.

Main Apps installed are: ezpdf, tunein, ftp, oruxmaps (beta release), androidpit market, skeye, and the standard google apps.

Investigating the "active" apps I typically see google maps, email, firmware upgrade, settings. And many free RAM and storage.

Any help is welcome.

Regards, Michael
PS: Setting my problems aside I'm impressed by 70b's performance in rendering complex PDF pages, thus I like that device anyhow.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Incredibly I'm having an invisible text issue with my G9 running ICS.... this started in the last couple of days, no FW updates or anything of the like!

I found that killing the email process and restating the email does work for a bit ...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:31 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I'm having same audio issues. I only use mp3's and the audio behaves erratically quite often. The volume will go full blast when start to play and then if I try to lower it, it drops too low suddenly or mute. Sometimes if the volume is off (lowest) and I play a video the audio screams louder than the top position when it should be at the lowest or off and it will not lower at all unless I stop the video! Very annoying. Totally blows.