Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:08 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi all newcomer here ...congrats for your forum.

I received yesterday my archos 70b it2 honeycomb 3.2 tablet (yep the new 70b internet tablet ...1.2 ghz //512 ram and so on)...so if you have any questions that i can answer do post. Keep in mind although im tech shavvy this is my first android device so im not an expert. Ill try to do my best though.

I have a couple of questions for you. (keep in mind i got latest firm)

a) It seems (to my dissapointment) that the unit CANT handle youtube HD clips. I do have flash player installed and using the built in youtube app. Only way to watch youtube clips is without using hd. Is there something wrong im doing? Im finding strange that it can play 720p mkv but not youtube hd clips that are much less processor hungry.

b) When i connect the device to my pc although it seems to mount ...navigation to its folder and copying movies...its just impossible...slow-sluggish and the copy just never starts. (tried to copy an avi in videos folders ...takes forever). Is there something im doing wrong here? (usb debug is off btw). Maybe because it had low battery and i connected the usb cable to do the transfer?

Anyway in general for 199euros its not a bad tablet...screen is ok (not an ips so viewing angles arent the best) and seems solid built.

Thank you for any help

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:03 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm having a similar problem.. But I'm trying to copy mp4 files, just times out.. :(
But when it asks if you want to convert it, it seems to start doing something... Still waiting for it to transfer the file, so will let you know.
Update: Didn't work :( timed out.. Could it be anything to do with the screen locking or battery saving setting ?
Update: Same problem just trying to copy a picture :( What am I missings :(

Any ideas ?

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:23 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ok.. Seems that I can't copy any files to the tablet, UNLESS i put them into the download folder

So is there a setting to allow me to copy the files any way on the internal storage ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:53 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Hi Guys, I've just got the 70b it2 honeycomb 3.2 also. It's my first ever tablet (or Android device for that matter) so I'm on a bit of a learning curve at the moment!

Anyway, I've managed to solve these 2 problems.

1) Flash video not working :- The latest firmware update (3.2.80) that went up this afternoon fixes the problem.

2) Unable to write to some internal memory folders (.system, Music, Pictures, System and Video) :- After installing the 3.2.80 update I still couldn't write to these folders. I then did a complete re-format of the device using these instructions (http://wiki.archosfans.com/index.php?ti ... om_scratch), making sure I had a copy of the 3.2.80 firmware ready on my PC! After the re-format/re-install I could write to all the folders on the internal memory.

The 3.2.80 update also seems to make the USB connection to my PC more reliable, but I might be imagining that.

N.B. Because I did a complete re-format/re-install I lost the extra pre-installed apps that Archos put on it and their sample music and Videos.

Hope this helps

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:12 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Does your 70b have GPS?

Headphones audio out port?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:32 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

the archos 70b does not have gps - all archos devices have a headphone port !!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:33 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Yes it does have a standard 3.5mm headphone socket.

I don't think it has GPS as such. It certainly knows where I am (in google maps for example), so I guess it's using wi-fi and google's massive database of wi-fi router information that it's stolen, oops I mean, collected from everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:57 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Got myself the A70b IT2 (Honeycomb) on Sunday. Pretty nice device for the money.
I'm trying to find out if this device can be rooted, as I'd like to run the BIG F5 VPN client, but it needs to be rooted to do this.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:33 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Not sure if you still need it, but here's a way to root your archos 70 IT2.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1557845