Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:21 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:44 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Well i've pushed every app possible over onto the SD card and the applications manager is showing that of the 256mb internal memory, i've got 97mb free. I've removed every non-essential app I can from internal memory but it's still not allowing me to install apps. I want to put on the Facebook app which is a 13.63mb download - but it's erroring when trying install - saying there's insufficient memory. A couple of smaller apps have been doing the same - MX video player for one. So essentially, I can't install anything even though i've 6.5Gb free on the sd card and 97mb on the internal ram.

Anyone any thoughts?

Please :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:38 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I don't have a Archos or Arnova anymore but you may have data left in memory from poorly written apps. I suggest you download a memory manager or App killer from the store and try them to free up memory. Another far out hint is "do you ever completely shut down the tablet and restart" If you always just put the tablet to sleep and wake it up again, you don't ever kill possible left over unused memory. Hope this helps. But 256 RAM is really way below average for tablets nowdays.