It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:00 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:28 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

JR has this new Arnova G3 available. Pretty good for the price. $129

http://www.jr.com/archos/pe/AHS_502078/

Archos ARNOVA 7b G3 8GB 7" Capacitive Multi-touch Screen Android Tablet

Android 4.0 ICS / 1.0GHz CPU / 800 x 480 / microSD Slot / 802.11G / 3G Ready / Front Camera / Multi-formats A/V Playback / AppsLib / G-

Also available: Archos Arnova 7 G3 Tablet available for $99

http://www.jr.com/archos/pe/AHS_502082/

Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich / 7" Capacitive Screen / 800x480 Resolution / 1GHz CPU Speed / 1GB RAM / microSD Slot / AppLib Compatible

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:33 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Just got the Arnova 7 G3 in the mail today from J&R. Very good price and a very nice tablet. No Google Play Store or any Google apps.

Skype runs, but camera image shows up on my Nexus S banded and strange looking. On the tablet everything looks good. I'll need to call a desktop to see if it is the phone or the tablet. No Google stuff, so I couldn't check out Google Talk video obviously.

I'm going to install Amazon Market to see if I can get Angry Birds Space and Temple Run. Those are the two most requested apps from my son. That

I'm happy with it so far.

If this is supposed to be a Hyundai A7 rebrand. It looks basically the same, but doesn't seem to have the same update features. It doesn't have any external reset pinhole. And all the online instructions use that to load different roms.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:54 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

bhmm wrote:
JR has this new Arnova G3 available. Pretty good for the price. $129

http://www.jr.com/archos/pe/AHS_502078/

Archos ARNOVA 7b G3 8GB 7" Capacitive Multi-touch Screen Android Tablet

Android 4.0 ICS / 1.0GHz CPU / 800 x 480 / microSD Slot / 802.11G / 3G Ready / Front Camera / Multi-formats A/V Playback / AppsLib / G-

Also available: Archos Arnova 7 G3 Tablet available for $99

http://www.jr.com/archos/pe/AHS_502082/

Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich / 7" Capacitive Screen / 800x480 Resolution / 1GHz CPU Speed / 1GB RAM / microSD Slot / AppLib Compatible

Thanks for the tip. I ordered a Arnova 7 G3 yesterday from JR. I am probably stupid because I returned a G2 tablet from Arnova several months ago. I hope that Arnova learned from the G2. I'll give my impressions here when I have a few days to put it through its paces. I just could not pass up the specs and the price.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:10 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I've had my Arnova 7 G3 for four days now and like it very much. I think that is is much better then the 8 G2 I returned several months ago. It's light, quick, and responsive. It has a 2 touch capacitive screen. The screen switching is quick without being "twichy". The screen viewing angles could be better but they are not the worst I've seen. The keyboard is very good (hardly any missed characters). I've used it for a few hours each of the four days and now it needs recharge. I've loaded quite a few apps on it from AppsLib and Amazon AppStore and all run fine. No problem with the Kindle reader that I had on the G2. The shortcomings are that it does not have a GPS or Bluetooth, but getting a nice unit that runs Ice Cream Sandwich from J&R for $99 makes it a winner in my book (However, I still prefer a 8" 4:3 tablet) My next steps are to get the Google Play store on it and check out what videos it will run.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:16 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

UPDATE: With several more days to work with my Arnova 7 G3 I now have Google Market installed and working. I followed the steps in this forum under "Install Market v3.4 on Arnova 7 G2 without root or flashing". Market works great but Talk and Gmail have problems. I also can play all the videos that I had on my Archos 10.1. But that is not an exhaustive collection. I still think that this Arnova 7 G3 is a great tablet for $99. :p

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:16 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Just a quick question, does it charge through the micro USB port?
If not, what kind of charger is it?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:00 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

jiyong wrote:
Just a quick question, does it charge through the micro USB port?
If not, what kind of charger is it?

Yes, the Arnova 7 G3 charges through the micro USB port. A cord and transformer are included with the Tablet.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:49 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Just got one of these for my wife, getting to grips with Icecream (I'm still on 2.2 on my 101), but impressions so far are pretty good.

The only thing I haven't been able to set is the time zone, I'm in the UK but it thinks I'm in Europe and therefore the time is +1hr.

How about having it's own sub forum