Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:10 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi all
I've seen that my 10 G2 [4gb] can be upgraded to the ICS platform. Thanks to you guys, I've already got Market installed on my tablet, so what are (if any) the benefits of installing ICS?
Thx in advance
David :)

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:33 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

ICS - Ice Cream Sandwich - equates to Firmware Issue 4.0.x. Read these threads 4.0.5 and 4.0.6 and form your own opinion as to "benefits".

This thread is also relevant.

As a final point, try looking around the forum for what is already here (361150 posts in 52129 topics) before adding yet another topic.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:59 pm 

Ics on arnova is a different kettle of fish than on archos with its firmware.

Op doesnt give references... dont they say ics breaks half the functions of arnova? In general i would be very sceptical of ics on arnova until it gets a ton of happy reports.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:49 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for the replies.
And dinosaur, sorry buddy, but that's a bit unnecessary. Yes, I could trawl through the forum, or I could submit a post which asks exactly what I need and is more helpful. I've only just bought my tablet, so yes, I am making a few posts. But so what....it's a post...this is a forum. You don't HAVE to read it, you don't HAVE to reply, and this isn't the busiest forum in the world. Plus the fact it helps out other new users aswell. My posts are polite, unoffensive, and how they can bother someone is truely beyond me. It makes me laugh....they bother you so much but rather than just ignoring them, you then waste your time to write comments like that. But thanks for the help anyway...

I'll continue to post here as and when I want to...and I'll help out others if I can with good grace and a smile...

:roll: :D :D

Thx again for help
David

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:59 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi
Mmm, I think I'll give it a miss. My Arnova is working fine, it can browse, I can use Spotify (yesss, just love that application...I've got the premium addition - it's like having the worlds largest record collection!) and now I've got Market, it's all good... :D

And dinosaur, I'm not here to piss anyone off, and I do appreciate your help, I really do......

David

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:53 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

David - that isn't "a bit unnecessary" - it's part of the forum rules, which you accepted and agreed to when you joined the forum! I quote:

Quote:
Topics and Posts:
- Search the boards before you post to see if your question has already been asked/answered.
- Stay in one Topic - until your problem is resolved. This will help us to help you.
etc.

And yes, you are always polite and inoffensive.

Otoh, viking made the very valid point that the ICS on the arnova is different to ICS on the Archos G9 and the links I posted were all about the G9 - mea culpa :cry: :cry: .

I am somewhat amused that you infer that your posts bother me, but I'm glad that thought makes you laugh. I am here to glean whatever I can from others and to help whenever I can - my post to you in reply to your query about the Philly version was an attempt to show you (and others who read it) that there are other ways of finding things out than just posting queries on a forum, and my previous post in this thread merely amounts to common sense - plus a gentle reminder of what is explicitly stated in the Forum Rules!