Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:34 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:26 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi all, couple of questions.

1. I don't understand how the memory works on my 10 G2. It's the 4gb version. Looking at the settings/storage, it informs me I have:

NAND Flash: total space 2.82 GB available space: 2.38 GB
Internal Storage: 19.43 MB.

Now, I understand that a chunk of the space is used up by the operating system, but I have NO music and NO pictures/videos on my tablet (i use spotify/online radio and external drive for videos/movies) so where is the other nearly 2gb gone? I don't have a great amount of apps either, because....

2. I now have a permanent (and annoying) message in my top bar telling me "low on space", which I got after getting my last app. Now, please, dear God, tell me that apps don't only use that tiny bit of Internal Memory, meaning I now can't get any more apps, making my tablet virtually redundant! I mean, I've only just managed to install Market on my tablet, and I've got loads of apps I still need to get. Also, once I've downloaded and installed apps, some leave the apk file on my drive (spotify for example), can I now delete these files, freeing up space?

3. I can get 16gb cards to fit in my tablet, but is it true that it can only go up to 8gb? If so, I don't get it! Surely the limit is down to the size of the card you put in? Or am I being a dumb-ass as usual? Also, will putting extra memory in solve the problem above?

I'm really worried now that I've got this great tool that I can't put hardly any apps on.

Help!!
Thx in advance
A depressed David
:([quote][/quote]

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:59 pm 

You have got to leave a lot more than that 19mb appspace as free space for running purposes. There are several ways other than deleting apps... you can even increase apps if you would read the approaches in the setup tips sticky topic.

I dont know where folks get the idea you are limited under 32gb for cards. The archos g9 folks have even found a way to use 64gb x cards, and i wonder if any arnova owners have tried that trick.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:12 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi David,

I am hitting you up on this to see if you found the answer to your questions. I also have a A10G2 and find I have a great deal of space for apps and I am currently using a 16gb card. Please let me know if I can help.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:34 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Same stuff on my tablet.I have 26 free of internal storage.I mean why would I need 8 GB of NAND flash,if I can not install somerthing there???Is this really a trick?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:12 pm 

Its the android design to reserve only a small area for apps. Newer versions like ics dont have that restriction. There are custom firmwares that dont have that restriction. But you can use the directions from my previous post to vastly increase the number of apps on existing firmware.