STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO INSTALLING GOOGLE MARKET ON AN ARNOVA 10 G2 TABLET
1. Get yourself an app that will unzip files. I used Appslib and downloaded UNZIP - bit dodgy but it served its purpose here. (See notes after this guide if you need an explanation of what a zip file is - no sniggering at the back there, not everyone knows about zip files....
2. Go to http://www.mediafire.com/?iu9scb6nn302tkr
and download the file google apps gerry.zip.
3. Open your zip app, locate the zip file you just downloaded. It will be on your Internal Memory/SD card/download...if it's not there, keep looking, you'll find it! Now, unzip it.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The UNZIP app that I got from Appslib, for some strange reason, kept crashing when I tried to open the folder where the zip file was downloaded. If you get the same problem, worry not. Find a folder that Unzip will open, and simply move the zip file to it (press and hold the zip file and an option pop-up will appear - use this to move it).
4. OK, so once the file is unzipped, you need to locate a folder (I think it's called google apps gerry, but you'll know it when you find it, because....) and in this folder are a bunch of apk files. Now, click on each one in the order listed below. If you get the option to open it once downloaded, don't, just move on to the next one. OK, so the order is:
1.Google Services Framework
5. Okey dokes, now reboot your machine, go to your apps page and there you will find MARKET, and as an added bonus, the GMAIL app. Give yourself a pat on the back, you did it!!
That should be it.
If you get any problems, come back to this post and myself, or someone, will do their best to help out. I've found my Market app to work....most of the time. It can be a bit flakey, but it's downloaded every app I've needed so far - it just force closes sometimes - but, hey, it's no biggy
So, what're waiting for, go get that Google Market!!!!
Good luck, and let us know how it all turned out
Sidenote: Zipped files. A file, or bunch of files can be 'zipped' to create one, single zip file. This can reduce the size and makes downloading them a lot easier.
PS.... Must say a quick thanks to those people who posted previous messages in which I gleaned the info I needed to make this guide possible. Thanks folks!
PPS.... TO THE ADMINSTRATOR.....maybe make this post 'sticky'....