Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:02 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:48 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello,
I have some questions and I hope someone who knows his stuff can answer them for me.

1) What is the difference between Arnova and Archos tablets?

2) Is it true that there are Arnovas with capacitive screen and also resistive screen? Then how can I see which one has a capacitive screen and which one a resistive screen? I read some reviews at amazon where people complained about getting Arnovas with resistive screen without knowing it.

3) What is the difference between a 8 G2 and a 8b G2? What does the b stand for?

4) How is the Arnova G2 compared to the Archos 7 or 10? I had an Archos 7 two years ago and I didn't like the screen it was totally annoying and hard to navigate. Has this changed or is it still the same given the fact that Arnovas are also very cheap.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:33 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi dson,

I not sure if I can help you very much but here it goes, I bought a Arnova 7b G2 with a capacitive screen from ebuyer, but instead of going to their main store I got it on ebay through their store there and it was £10 cheaper for the same product.

As for what the 'b' means, when I went to buy the Arnova I looked at the Arnova 7 G2 and the 7b G2 and noticed the the 7b had a front facing camera and the 7 didn't.

I hope this has been of some help.