Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:23 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi all,

I am new to this site as you can see, but this is my last chance saloon as the saying goes as I have looked everywhere else for help.

First let me say I am new to tablets and to Archos. I bought the Arnova 7b G2 yesterday and have spent all day trying to figure it out, now you are not going to believe this as it is so stupid but I can't switch the music off, I have a track playing but there is no stop or exit button, can someone please help me as I have to keep switching the machine off to stop the music. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:13 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

spaceman53 wrote:
Hi all,

I am new to this site as you can see, but this is my last chance saloon as the saying goes as I have looked everywhere else for help.

First let me say I am new to tablets and to Archos. I bought the Arnova 7b G2 yesterday and have spent all day trying to figure it out, now you are not going to believe this as it is so stupid but I can't switch the music off, I have a track playing but there is no stop or exit button, can someone please help me as I have to keep switching the machine off to stop the music. :cry:

You are not stupid. Almost all players (going back years) operate this way so you can keep music playing while you do something else on the device. The trick is to "pause" the music. Then you can go do something else and the music will no longer play.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi nuismer,

Thanks for your reply, I didn't think I was going to get one :D

I think it is strange that the music is on pause, does this not take up more battery life? I don't have to do that with my two MP3 players or my music player on my phone, I just click exit music player, but as you say, if I want to carry on playing the music and go to another application I can, this is the first piece of equipment that does not allow me to just stop the music playing all together :shock:

I like the tablet, but the instructions are almost non-existent, 7 tiny pages, I thought they may have had an online manual likes other makes, if anyone knows of any elaborate instructions for this device I would be REALLY grateful to hear from you.

Thanks once again nuismer!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:42 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

You are Welcome, spaceman53 :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:16 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I was wondering if anyone can help me with another problem I'm having with the Arnova 7b G2, it says in the instruction booklet how to download media files, music etc, it say go to Windows Media Player, connect the Arnova, click 'Sync' and all your music with be transferred to the Arnova, which it did, all my albums are not in the 'Music file' where they should be, they are in the 'Files' file, so when I open this up I click 'Music' then on the 'Artist' then the 'Album' then on the 'Track' and it says "Complete Action using, Aldiko, Gallery, or HTMLViewer and at the bottom of the screen it has a box to tick with Use by default for this action next to it, and if I tick the box it says "Clear default in Home>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications, now being a novice with the Arnova they may as well be talking Double Dutch :cry:

Can anyone out there please help, I would really appreciate it :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:48 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Don't worry darlin' I've had my Arnova 7b G2 since 10 March and still not completely au fait with it. I believe it's a very advanced device and like you I am unfamiliar with tablets. I bought mine in Teneriffe thinking it was cheaper than UK but it turns out that ALL electronics in Spain are much more expensive than UK. So - you live and learn. Can't really help you but trust by now you are in charge of this amazing toy. Do you my any chance have any idea how to save and retrieve a WORD document?