Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:52 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:32 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I wanted to install Google Market version 3.4.4 on my Arnova 7 G2, but i didn┬┤t want to install any custom firmware or even root my device. I just wanted to keep the original ROM from Arnova and just add Google Market and other Google apps. After some research and some tries i was able to install Google Market v3.4.4 in my Arnova 7 G2. I think there are many people in my situation so i decided to post here the method i used to help others too.
With this procedure you can install market v3.4.4 in your Arnova 7 G2 running the official stock ROM from Arnova. Just follow the steps above.

ÔÇó DOWNLOAD FILES HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?cj4yi2o9392522i
ÔÇó extract the files you downloaded;
ÔÇó connect the tablet to the pc or use your preffered method to transfer files;
ÔÇó transfer the files to the internal storage or SD card on the tablet;
ÔÇó put all files in a folder ie (Market.3.4.4);
ÔÇó disconnect the tablet from pc;
ÔÇó using the pre installed file browser in the tablet, browse to the folder you just transfered;
ÔÇó install the files in the following order:

1. GoogleServicesFramework.apk
2. OneTimeInitializer.apk
3. SetupWizard.apk
4. Gmail.apk
5. Vending-3.4.4-signed.apk
6. Talk-signed.apk (optional install)
7. Maps.apk (optional install)

NOTE: If you have an older market version installed, just install the gmail.apk and Vending-3.4.4-signed.apk and they will be updated.

After installing all the apps, you will probably get an error. If it happens folow the above steps:
1. go into settings/manage apps;
2. Click on Google framework and Clear the cache files (if you have no cache files delete the data files);
3. Do the same thing (clear cache files and/or delete the data files) for Gmail and Market apps;
4. Now power down and up again (reboot);
5. DONT LAUNCH THE MARKET YET, but launch Gmail first and login (It should work);
6. Now you can launch the Market and Enjoy.

This method worked for me and i hope it works for you too. Thanks :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:55 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

This has worked beautifully for me, but now i can't get it to accept a google account - consistently says it "can't establish a reliable data connection" (though the wifi is fine with everything else)..

Any thoughts anyone? In some ways having the gmail and market icons there now finally and not being able to use them is even more frustrating!

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:39 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thank You so much "tiagodnpereira" for this tutorial you are the best.Just got my Arnova G2 today and didn't like the AppsLib.All I can say now is THANK YOU.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have the same issues with regards the setting up the google accounts. I had it working with the rom that was shipped with my tablet, but when I updated to the 13.12.2011 rom update, I re-installed the above procedure in order to have market again, but alas I cannot sign in to gmail or market or ebuddy. Any help or ideas on this issue would be most appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:01 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I've noticed that since Market became Google Play a few days ago I can still run and browse the Market, but if I try to download anything it just sits there on 'Downloading....' forever.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Worked fine for me apart from the only problem i had was with 6-Talk-signed.apk
there was a problem parsing the package.
other than that everything seems to be ok can even use
AppBrain App Market
Androidpit App center and
SlideME Marketplace now
Big Thx to tiagodnpereira

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:45 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Any resolution to this yet??

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:50 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

bobbit35 wrote:
Any resolution to this yet??

kujo29 wrote:
6-Talk-signed.apk there was a problem parsing the package.

Hi bobbit35
if you mean the above ... i havent tried to find a resolution as i personally am not too bothered about having this 'optional' extra installed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Same problem here with (#6-Talk-signed.apk) but I'm just happy with the fact that I have the Android Market.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:35 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

No I am not bothered by the google talk.apk as I never use it. I am however bothered by the fact that I cant sign in to any google accs for market and gmail. I was asking if there was a solution to this. As I said in my earlier post, I am using the latest official rom from arnova, and since updating to it, the google market workaround described in this topic no longer functions, and any clearing of data in manage apps has no effect. I don't want to revert to the original rom as wifi was attrocious and it had no support for 3g or bluetooth.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:08 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hi bobbit35
I to have the latest firmware for my Arnova 7 G2 dated 4th Jan 2012 which I got from here
http://arnovatech.com/support/updates.html?country=gb&lang=en&p=2
I didnt have any problems using this workaround
maybe try installing the new firmware again...
i cant think of anything else you could try at moment

i just looked at your previous post you mention that the latest firmware you have is from December 2011 ... so maybe try the above version ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:55 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

@ Kujo29 is there a big advantage/difference with firm wares (2011 12 13) & (2012 01 04) ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

What I don't understand is the fact that the version history says 2011.11.13 not the january date, there is not mention of that in the version history?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

to prrep and bobbit35

when i got my an7 g2 i checked for updated firmware on the site and saw that the dated update that was on the site was before i got my arnova so i waited until the current version was listed there
so i went from shipped firmware to the 1 dated january but after checking 'about device', in settings i found this
android version : 2.3.1
kernel version : 2.6.32.27
build number : 1.1.1.GINGERBREAD.eng.root.20111213.114505
maybe if you havent installed the january update it might be worth looking at the build numbers to see if they are different from the above... maybe arnova didnt change it as the changes were minor ?
and like bobbit35 mentioned in the build number the date is 2011 12 13
the only major difference that i found was being able to install flash 11.1

edit : i just checked the image that i downloaded but didnt install... it is dated 18/07/2011 59.8MB the image dated 04/01/2012 is 75.8MB i must have missed the 1 that was dated 13/12/2011 but thinking about it i got my arnova at christmas 2011 and d/ld the 18/07/2011 soon after.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:53 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I fixed the problem in creating a google account by updating my firmware into the 2011 12 13 update. After I've changed the firmware, I repeated the installation of the market, and viola! It worked like a charm.

thanks kujo29!

~
just another Arnova 7 G2 User.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

tiagodnpereira wrote:
I wanted to install Google Market version 3.4.4 on my Arnova 7 G2, but i didn┬┤t want to install any custom firmware or even root my device. I just wanted to keep the original ROM from Arnova and just add Google Market and other Google apps. After some research and some tries i was able to install Google Market v3.4.4 in my Arnova 7 G2. I think there are many people in my situation so i decided to post here the method i used to help others too.
With this procedure you can install market v3.4.4 in your Arnova 7 G2 running the official stock ROM from Arnova. Just follow the steps above.

ÔÇó connect the tablet to the pc or use your preffered method to transfer files;
ÔÇó using the pre installed file browser in the tablet, browse to the folder you just transfered;

3. SetupWizard.apk
4. Gmail.apk

NOTE: If you have an older market version installed, just install the gmail.apk and Vending-3.4.4-signed.apk and they will be updated.

After installing all the apps, you will probably get an error. If it happens folow the above steps:
2. Click on Google framework and Clear the cache files (if you have no cache files delete the data files);
3. Do the same thing (clear cache files and/or delete the data files) for Gmail and Market apps;
5. DONT LAUNCH THE MARKET YET, but launch Gmail first and login (It should work);

Dudeeee!!

I was going crazy with this.. tried so many different methods.. and yours works! Thankx a lot um abraço ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

OK I've just spent the last 3 hrs trying to do this :-( but I've cracked it.

If you keep getting the Google error : "can't establish a reliable data connection" I found in my case this was because my tablets' (8b G3) Google location services were turned off!! When I switched them on this error no longer appeared and I got logged on instantly.

I have problem with the Gmail app synchronising but I've just disabled it and use the tablets default email app. It works fine as does the market :-)

regards and THANKYOU for your help in the matter :-)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

tiagodnpereira wrote:

3. SetupWizard.apk
4. Gmail.apk

Thank you so much, with your method I was able to install the Market on my Arnova 10b G3 ... :)

android version : 4.0.3
kernel version : 3.0.8+
build number : rk29sdk-eng 4.0.3 IML74K eng.root.20120414.001335

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:49 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi all,
I recently got an Archos Arnova 10b G3 Dual touch model and as the "Market" app was missing I decided to install it following the procedure as described by "tiagodnpereira".Almost all worked well and I got the Market working but I missed the "Home" button functionality and my gmail could not sync with other applications. In the meantime, I realised that the Arnova 10b G3 supports the "appslib" application through which one can download other applications (something similar to the google play market) so I decided to uninstall all the apps I had installed - so that I would install the "appslib" and gain the lost functionality back - and I rebooted the tablet. Unfortunatelly, that was my big mistake cause since then when I press the ON button I get the first step of the start up wizard which is the calibration. When I do the calibration and it saves the settings it loops again and there is no end to it. I tried to reset the tablet by pressing the reset button and at the same time pressing the +volume button but no good.

I would appreciate it if someone could give me a solution to this.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:54 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi i have a similar problem as previous poster.
I bought 2 Arnova 10b G3 tablets for my kids.
1 i could easily install the EZ firmware and have the proper market.
The other tablet doesnot work with the firmware as it keeps telling me the installation is invalid.
I even copied the exact file from the tablet it worked on to the other tablet and it still tells me the firmware is invalid.
So i downloaded the firmware to my pc, unpzcked it and copied the update.img file directly to the root of the tablet.
It does recognize there i an update but it doesnot install it.
I am getting a bit frustrated with this issue as the tablets are supposed to be indentical.
Meanwhile i tried the steps and files above which luckily did the trik, but i still think it is strange 2 similar tablets are not accepting the same file.

Any ideas anyone?
Is there any way to create an image of 1 tablet that can be put on a similar tablet?