Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:46 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi,

My Arnova 10b G2 has very strange battery discharging behaviour. The battery useage graph shows charge levels going up and down ie. it will increase during use sometimes which seems impossible! Once the battery gets to about 50% it will deplete very quickly as well and device will run out of charge completely and switch off.

Has anyone got any suggestions about what could be causing this and what I could do to maybe retrain the battery etc?

Thank you,

Alex.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:25 pm 

Do I recall somebody saying the 10 has 2 batteries? Maybe one is untrained or bad. Could try some deep cycles?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Alex,

You are not alone. I've had my 10B G2(501908) for about a month and it is exhibiting the same behavior as yours except mine dies at around 35%. I've had multiple calls and emails into Arnova which are basically ignored. I thought about taking mine back to HHGregg, but the $149 I paid for it was such a good deal for a working 10 inch tablet that I kept it. I've got a battery minder on mine that I try to catch at 40%, but if I'm not near the charger it's poof and a Screen Calibration on the next reboot.

The tablet seems to be functioning normally otherwise and takes hours over multiple days to get to the 35% crash point. The best I have been able to come up with so far is android "battery calibration", that I haven't done for lack of time and motivation. To me, it looks like some problem that will be fixed in the next version of the firmware, but who knows when that will happen.

How do you like the tablet? You're the first other person that I've ever seen that owns one. I'm pretty happy with mine and use the Acrobat PDF reader to read my daily local newspaper and magazines. Every time I'm browsing and come across Adobe Flash pages that actually render I feel like I'm in a very exclusive club. I installed Netflix yesterday and was surprised to see how well it functioned on the single core processor that the cognoscenti sneer at.

Good luck with the bug. Let me know if you ever get over it.

Bob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:52 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

my 10 g2 does the same thing
its either bad battery batch or bad battery indicator in the rom
still im trying to drain the battery every time i catch it go to 40ish%

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses.

I'm glad its not just my tablet, perhaps it is a firmware issue that will be resolved in the future (fingers crossed).

I actually really like the tablet, I think that it is a bargain! Does everything that I need it for to be honest, my only issue is this battery problem. Despite this strange behaviour the battery does last for quite a long time so it is not the end of the world.

Overall considering the price I am very happy with the Arnova 10 G2. I use Finless Bobs custom ROM which gives me root and android market so have access to all the apps.

Thanks again for all your responses.