Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:20 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:10 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi friends from ArchosFans! I have an Arnova 7 G2 and I'm very happy with how it works!

I have only one problem... In my mobile (HTC) I've an option to lock the screen by a pin... this works by this way: you touch the button to switch off the screen and when you touch this button again to switch on the screen, a program appears and you need to write a PINCODE to unlock the mobile

This option is included into the OS of my HTC mobile (android version 2.2), but in my tablet (2.3.1 version), this program is not present in the device and I don't know why because if any person steal you the device and switch on the screen, he couldn't access to the user data and any app

Can you tell me any android market or appslib application to solve my problem?

THANKS!!!!!!!

PS: I would like to write to Arnova with this text to try to correct it in future versions. Do you know how to contact with them? Thanks!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:56 pm 

I would guess you can use the "setup tips an10g2" topic advice and use go locker with go launcher.

I speculate arnova removed the android lock feature because at this price they can't afford to handle inevitable umpteen help calls about people forgetting their pin.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:26 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I look this post but I couldn't find what I'm looking for :( But well, today I was like Indiana Jones looking for the best way to solve this problem and I found something good! Due to that, I would like to share with you what I discovered! ^^

First of all you need to have ANDROID MARKET into your tablet and the same problem that me hehehe

1- Search this app into the market: BLOQUEADOR DE APLICACIONES from 'george android' developer (free app)
2-. Download + install it
3-. Open the app and press 123456 (is the default code to get a successful access to the app)
4-. Now change the pass 123456 by another (minimum of 6 numbers)
5-. Now is time to select all the apps to protect with this password. Click on the app and this will be added to the protected area ;) Good things to protect are:
----5.1: SETTINGS / ADJUST
----5.2: FACEBOOK APP
----5.2: GMAIL APP
----5.3: HOTMAIL APP
----5.4: ANDROID MARKET
----5.5: APPSLIB
----5.6: NAVIGATOR
----5.6: OTHER APPS AT YOUR OWN RISK (Is important that you protect all apps and things with personal data!)
6-. Accept and done!

Note: the own program is autoprotected, by this way, don't select it into the program or you will need to place the pass 2 times ;)

Now if any person steal your tablet, your personal data will be safe :):):) If any of your protected apps is opened, a code will be requested, and obviously: bad code = app doesn't run :)