Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:29 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi there,

Just very happy to have received a 10 G2 for my birthday but wanting to check if my one has a fault or if it's the standard build quality, when holding the 10 G2 the right hand side plastic casing at the edge is slightly clicky in the middle and the corners of the arnova are not flush. Before I start personalising my lovely tablet I just wanted to double check this is standard and not got a faulty built one! If anyone could help I would be really grateful.

Then I'm going to try and read through all the info here to work out best way to set up by baby :D

Many thanks in advance for any help

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:10 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hi lol, i was also wondering , so probably it is on all

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:09 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Mine came from carphonewarehouse, in case dodgy batch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Phew , I thought it was just a cheap case... mine was only 135 quid.. but still .... it does feel some times like a xmas cracker toy !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:38 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Mine is clicky too, so was one I looked at in Carphone Warehouse, so I guess it's a design feature' :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:57 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Just be very carefull with it as the clicky noise on there has cause mine to break the lcd inside. And i also bought mine from carphone warehouse and they say theres nothing they can do as it the lcd.Which in there eyes is us causing damage too it.So no refund or replaced will be offerd.Been trying to sort it out for six weeks now and still not got anywhere.So just becarefull.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:53 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Under the 1979 Sale of Goods Act they have to replace it, as the item is 'Not of merchantable quality'.

You can use the contents of this forum as evidence of a generic manufacturing fault.

Did you pay using a credit card? If so, the credit card company become liable if Carphone Warehouse won't co-operate.

If you don't get any success then go to trading standards.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:03 am 

Gexgecko wrote:
Under the 1979 Sale of Goods Act they have to replace it, as the item is 'Not of merchantable quality'.

You can use the contents of this forum as evidence of a generic manufacturing fault..

I don't see the clicking noise as a manufacturing fault. On mine there is a spot a little above center on right hand side that is soft and not supported by screws. I'd guess it is a void for wifi the antenna, and they don't want to shield it with too many screws. Sure they could do it better, but at a cost that would deprive us of a good bargain. Arnova is a bargain brand.

Putting my thumb near this spot gives occasional clicks. There was one single post that claimed this led to actual screen damage, Could be it was out of specs, or used roughly. When I press hard at any point of the bezel on left and right, I get a trace of screen ripple, but this is because the inherant leverage of a super wide screen and doesn't look worse at the softest spot. Maybe if you play games hard that could be a concern. Then you could rotate the screen 180 (which should shift your thumb across the centerline), or trade in for a more premium brand.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Sorry viking, I wasn't very clear. I was specifically replying to portvalefanjosh's post about Carphone Warehouse refusing to refund/replace. I should have used the Quote feature to make it more obvious.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:29 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Yes being getting nowhere with carphone rang arnova they gave me a code to take to carphone to exchange it. But carphone havent got a clue and will not accept the code.So being talking to trading standards, they say if the item was hanging bit's and you have only had it three weeks, by the sales of good act thing i should get a refund or exchange or repaired. Which carphone with do none of. So im doing as trading standards say and right a letter to the STORE where i bought it from giving them 14 days to respond, if they dont send them a reminder with 7days on it.If they still dont do anything i have too pay £25 to take them too the small claims court. So i will see how it goes and let you know.But as for carphone i will never buy anything from them again.I actually asked a lady in argos what would happen if that was there item, and she said because it would be three weeks old we would either offer a repair or replacement.