Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:27 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

im about to replace my sons arnova 10 g2 which had a faulty power jack plug, im struggling to find the same 4gb as it seems they all but disappeared from the shops.

so im left with the arnova 10 g2 8gb or the arnova 9 g2 8gb, can anyone give me their opinions for which one is the better?

theres not much forum feedback for the arnova 9 g2 and i couldnt find the downloads on the arnova site for support which leads me to thinking its not as popular as the arnova 10 g2.

gratefull for any advice you throw my way

Andy :?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Obviously the Arnova 9g2 has a better screen with it been IPS (SAME AS THE IPAD) and 4.3 ratio but hardware wise there is not much in it.

The screen is would swing it for me, my daughter has a Arnova 10g2 and it has been returned twice now just hope the 9g2 dont have the same quality issues.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:26 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

the screen size is a plus point for the Arnova 9 g2, just wondering if people were having the same technical issues as the 10 g2 and is the firmware the same or are no updates available yet?

how long have either tablets been on the market for?

i appreciate your reply

thanks Andy :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi. same question here: i'm thinking buying a tablet (my first tablet pc) and i'm looking for a cheap but powerfull enough to read pdfs and browse the internet using wifi.

Arnova 9 G2, 10b G2 and 7b G2 are the latest aditions in Arnova G2 family, this tablets aren't for sale yet in my country (romania).

I'm curious, how it is diplayed an A4 size pdf page on a regular 10.1" (Arnova 10 G2 screen) compared to a 9.7" (4:3 ratio) screen (Arnova 9 G2 screen). Do you have to zoom in or pan regulary on a 16:9 (10") screen or the text can be read normally?

Should i buy Arnova 10 G2 (dispite the problems and diagonal stripes on display) or wait for 9 G2 ? will the pdfs be displayed more "normally" on a 4:3 ration screen?
(please keep in mind that the main usage will be pdfs and some wifi browsing )

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:22 am 

werewolfc wrote:
Should i buy Arnova 10 G2 (dispite the problems and diagonal stripes on display) or wait for 9 G2 ? will the pdfs be displayed more "normally" on a 4:3 ration screen?

I didn't have any trouble with my 10g2 and the "stripes" aren't noticible. The only negative for 10g2 is the substandard screen, but I knew this was the tradeoff for a cheap price. The 9g2 is supposed to have a very crisp screen, and I would love to have that instead if the price was right.

Isn't the 9 closer to the actual aspect ratio of pdf pages? You can do the math, once you subtract a bit for a status bar at the top. I hate reading pdf, so can't tell you too much about how it works on 10g2 except you waste screen space due to aspect ratio and the fonts get smaller as a result. The bad viewing angles and lack of crispness is less of a problem with black and white.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:55 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Quote:
Isn't the 9 closer to the actual aspect ratio of pdf pages? You can do the math, once you subtract a bit for a status bar at the top

my point exactly. I decided not to rush into buying a 10 G2 and wait for a few weeks until , hopefully, i could buy a 9" G2 from a romanian retailer.
ps: i know the IPS superior panel of 9" G2 will raise the tablet's price, but i'll see how much when the tablet will be available in my country.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:55 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Are the problems mentioned with the 10 g2 from experience, or from reviews? I ask because i have this device and must say i think the display is great! Sure its not ips, but its one of the best tablet screens, if not the best in and above its price point

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

So took the plunge and bought the 9 g2, the screen is much sharper than the 10 g2. It feels more robust and the extra 4gb internal memory is a bonus.

I initially paid £150 for the 10 g2 4gb which i returned due to the fault and paid £184 delivered from currys for the 9 g2 8gb so well worth the difference.

Will the arctools app work with the 9 g2? As i would like to access the Android market.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:42 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

very nice LONERIDER23. £184 it is a good price and i envy you :( . I hope that 9 G2 will arrive soon in my country (probablly it will cost £200... or more) but i think it's worth waiting. Could you tell us what is the battery life/usage?

@gsteruk: don't have one yet, so when i said :Arnova 10G2 problems.... i meant to say "problems that i've read on different forums"