Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:24 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Help & Double Help!!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:04 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I hope someone can help me.
I have bought an Archos 7 - A70BHT Running Eclair V0.18 which has 6GB Free, 1GB SD and 425MB Int. Mem Free.
I downloaded Archtools and when trying to install the Android Market it gives me a Errors 28 and Error 20 regarding copying files etc.
It will not let me download the custom 2.3 android file as it says it cannot find it
If I download say Angry Birds from the AppsLib, it says I do not have enough space. I cannot delete any more apps as I have next to nothing.
This is fustrating me and my boys as I cannot do nothing with this device. Help!!!!

Also, I bought an Arnova 10 G" tablet -AV10G2, running 2.3.1 Gingerbread Android. Kernel 2.6.32.37. It has 6GB Free, 1GB SD, and 187MB Int. Mem Free. Again, all the apps or on SD card, and have nothing more I can move onto SD card, it says less than a 1/8 of the capacity is used.
When accessing the AppsLib, often unsuccessfully, it says I do not have enough space. I cannot delete anymore apps.
How can this device be anymore than accessing the Internet as it can do nothing else at present like the Archos 7 above? How can I get the Full Android Market on both devices, and the devices working more than just the internet?

Please help!!!
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:48 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Appslib has been overloaded from all the people getting tablets for christmas. its annoying it gives the space error, but its just a problem on there end not yours, sometimes it works now, others it doesnt, just keep trying.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi all,

I did a search before posting, and this seems to be the most relevant thread, so I'm really hoping someone can help :D

I purchased an archos A7EB, firmware version 1.0.4 for Christmas, and I love it. Well almost! I cannot for the life of me get the google android market on there.

I've tried arctools, following various tutorials on line. IÔÇÖve tried both the 0.60 version thatÔÇÖs on appslib, and the 0.57 version I found online. IÔÇÖve tried it with, and without an sd card installed, and reset my device numerous times.

Every single time I download perfectly fine, and then when I press the ÔÇ£install appsÔÇØ button I get the following two errors:

ÔÇ£Error 28: cannot create temporary directoryÔÇØ
ÔÇ£Error 20: File copy failedÔÇØ

Does anyone have any advice how to get around these errors?

Incidentally, I also tried gappsforarchos, which said it wouldn't work as I don't have froyo. No idea what that means! I also tried Amazon market, and was excited about it, until I discovered it won't work in the UK. ARGHHH!!

I'd be really grateful for any advice on how to overcome these errors. Appslib is ok, but I really want android market!

Many thanks in advance. Em.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

if you've not found it yet theres an easy way (well theres a few steps to it but you dont have to root your tablet, so much easier and safer than before) it details how to get the android market in this thread: http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=60005. I am loving my (Arnova 10G2) tablet so much more now it has the google/android market.