Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Arnova 10G2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hi ive got an Arnova 10G2 but need some help as im not very technical minded ! I can get into the apps lib no problem unlike some reports ive seen but cannot download anything due to not enough space? It has a 16GB micro sd card in it so im confused? Any help much appreciated Thanks Jennifer

Post subject: Re: Arnova 10G2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:37 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

yes it is the problem with appslib mine was doing exactly the same yesterday.

I did this today

Quote:
By following the advice from another post, I was able to install Gmail and Market and it works absolutely perfectly. Here is the info from the post that I followed:

"To get the android market, GMail etc. do the following. Download this file to Set up Google Apps:
http://dc424.4shared.com/download/ZiEDe ... 9-a4881367

the following comes from Arctablet.com
Extract the files, transfer the files and then install the apks using file manager in this order:
-1.Google Services Framework -2.OneTime Initializer -3.Setup Wizard -4.Talk -5.Gmail -6.Vending
further:
1) After installing all the G Market files go try to login to Gmail. You will get an error.
2) Now go into settings and manage apps. Click on Google framework. Clear the cache files.
3) Do the same thing for Gmail and clear the cache.
4) Power down and back up.
5) DONT launch the market but launch Gmail and login. It should work.
6) Now you can launch the Market.

Only Change was that i have no "cached files" for "Gmail and Google framework" to delete.
So i have deleted the "data files" itself

This worked for me. Gmail works, The Market works. it an older version of the Market, but it works."

What I had to do was to download the file from the link above to my computer and because it is a .rar file I had to download the free version of WinZip to extract the files. Once extracted, I copied them to the Download Directory on my Arnova by connecting it to my computer via usb and using Windows Explorer. Once copied, you can install the files on the Arnova by using its Files program.

I now have Netflix, Gmail, Nook, Market and other apps working very well on the Arnova. Seems like it was a good purchase except for their lousy customer service. Hope this helps.

which I found on another thread here. And now mine is working perfectly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:55 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks that link doesnt seem to work for me though do you where the post is so maybe i can find the full one?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:09 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

viewtopic.php?t=60603&p=382967

it's on this thread - took me about 30 mins to sort but all is working now

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks. I can find it now. Do I download that file onto my laptop or direct to arnova? It sounds completed!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:29 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

jenniferpurdy wrote:
Thanks. I can find it now. Do I download that file onto my laptop or direct to arnova? It sounds completed!

save the download to your PC - then you need to extract them as they are zipped files. If you don't have winzip try downloading RAR extract frog which is free.

Once they are extracted I saved them to a folder on my desktop then used the cable to connect my computer to the Tablet. Then you select to connect via usb on your tablet (screen just comes up on your tablet when you plug the cables in you don't have to do anything).

Then I copied the files from the folder on the laptop went through my computer on my laptop to save the files (it appears in my computer like an external storage device) into the downloads folder onto the tablet.

Then you disconnect the cable from the tablet- go into downloads on the tablet and open the files in the order given in the instructions.

From then on just do exactly what it says in those instructions and it should work. Took me about 30 mins to get it working.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks It has worked ! Wasnt that hard after all :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:26 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

fab glad you got it working I was getting really cross with it before I found this forum.