Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:35 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:51 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I cannot download any apps from the appslib on my brand new arnova 7 g2 4gb. I keep getting the following message:

Download, please make sure you have free space and retry.

What is going on, how do I install new apps?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:09 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, same thing for me. Just turned it on for the first time. Registered it and set everything up, says Idon't have space to download apps. Any sugestions?

Thanlk,

Sergio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:42 am 

I saw that earlier and it was just the usual xmas overload that overwhelms appslib every year. I wish their message would just admit that instead of give this false message. I think you will see it intermittently come back, like I did. Meanwhile you can probably install things like amazon market or google market if you want according to directions in the sticky topics (no firmware change needed).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:36 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Excellent advice, Viking!

I'm on the Android Market now, seems to be working fine!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:55 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

By following the advice from another post, I was able to install Gmail and Market and it works absolutely perfectly. Here is the info from the post that I followed:

"To get the android market, GMail etc. do the following. Download this file to Set up Google Apps:
http://dc424.4shared.com/download/ZiEDe ... 9-a4881367

the following comes from Arctablet.com
Extract the files, transfer the files and then install the apks using file manager in this order:
-1.Google Services Framework -2.OneTime Initializer -3.Setup Wizard -4.Talk -5.Gmail -6.Vending
further:
1) After installing all the G Market files go try to login to Gmail. You will get an error.
2) Now go into settings and manage apps. Click on Google framework. Clear the cache files.
3) Do the same thing for Gmail and clear the cache.
4) Power down and back up.
5) DONT launch the market but launch Gmail and login. It should work.
6) Now you can launch the Market.

Only Change was that i have no "cached files" for "Gmail and Google framework" to delete.
So i have deleted the "data files" itself

This worked for me. Gmail works, The Market works. it an older version of the Market, but it works."

What I had to do was to download the file from the link above to my computer and because it is a .rar file I had to download the free version of WinZip to extract the files. Once extracted, I copied them to the Download Directory on my Arnova by connecting it to my computer via usb and using Windows Explorer. Once copied, you can install the files on the Arnova by using its Files program.

I now have Netflix, Gmail, Nook, Market and other apps working very well on the Arnova. Seems like it was a good purchase except for their lousy customer service. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:09 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Worked for me also! Thank you very much.
Merry Christmas and thanks again.

Sergio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:46 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, ive just had an "Archos Arnova 9 G2" for christmas been having similar problems

I first tried the appslib, and im yet to download anything, i keep getting "appslib is not responding, force stop or wait" so the app will occasionally start up but more not than so.

when I click "wait" the next message is, Server error, check your connection.

My connection to the WiFi is fine, full signal etcc,

Also when i try and access the "Applibs" website some but not all pages aren't available as though the website has crashed ?,

Is this likely to be just a Christmas overload as stated above ^^, or what ?

Any help would be greatly appriciated :)

C .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:59 pm 

appslib server is broke. try later or try other markets. Alternatives shown in above sticky topics with "i" symbol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:58 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Okay thanks, were are the sticky topics?

C.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:06 pm 

It's right above this one, now on the topic list like

Quote:
Topics

"i" G2 Info Sources

"i" Setup Tips an10g2

Arnova 7 G2 Appslib not working

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:10 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Great stuff thanks,

Ive just tried using the android market, i cannot download anything because "no android phones are linked with your acount please try a different account"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:16 pm 

The little glitches getting on to google market is the worst - I've had that one and can't remember the solution. Treat most error messages as complete misleading garbage - it is usually some other simple thing. That very message is discussed in this forum and others, for which you can search. Amazon market is easier to install.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Its a awful setup not having anything to select your own device would be so simple, a three year old could buid a macro for tht set up.

Thanks alot Viking been a great help

C.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:29 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ive bought the 9 g2 model for my wife this Christmas and tomorrow its going back!
never have i been as frustrated with technology as this thing has caused me today. The box clearly shows appslib installed, and the (shockingly poor) instructions also indicate this software is installed. Absolute tosh!
ive tried solid for SIX hours trying to download the software - several times ive had it installed but it never runs.
now the screen doesnt even auto-rotate to suit the orientation.

Big mistake buying this. Should have spent a few quid more and bought a proper ipad...

Ruined my christmas :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:24 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

looking round it seems apslib have had a problem there end, been doing my head in all day too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:50 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

bosoxbeyer wrote:
By following the advice from another post, I was able to install Gmail and Market and it works absolutely perfectly. Here is the info from the post that I followed:

"To get the android market, GMail etc. do the following. Download this file to Set up Google Apps:

Extract the files, transfer the files and then install the apks using file manager in this order:
-1.Google Services Framework -2.OneTime Initializer -3.Setup Wizard -4.Talk -5.Gmail -6.Vending
further:
1) After installing all the G Market files go try to login to Gmail. You will get an error.
2) Now go into settings and manage apps. Click on Google framework. Clear the cache files.

Only Change was that i have no "cached files" for "Gmail and Google framework" to delete.

This worked for me. Gmail works, The Market works. it an older version of the Market, but it works."

What I had to do was to download the file from the link above to my computer and because it is a .rar file I had to download the free version of WinZip to extract the files. Once extracted, I copied them to the Download Directory on my Arnova by connecting it to my computer via usb and using Windows Explorer. Once copied, you can install the files on the Arnova by using its Files program.

I now have Netflix, Gmail, Nook, Market and other apps working very well on the Arnova. Seems like it was a good purchase except for their lousy customer service. Hope this helps.

Great job with this fix, just installed it on my brothers Arnova 9 G2 and its working great .

I had already side loaded a better launcher for him , now he's well chuffed.

I'm really impressed with it actually , for the money the screen is great and the performance is pretty good , Appslib is not working today but if you want and alternative either follow the guide above or try http://www.1mobile.com/ they have a great market client too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

bosoxbeyer wrote:

further:

only registered to say thanks for this. I was ready to throw it out of the window until I read this. It worked perfectly!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:55 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

further:

sweet works for me thanks alot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

bosoxbeyer wrote:

further:

I only registered to say thank you as well. However, who knows what these forum have to offer more :)
I decided to return the Archo's tomorrow because of the appslib failing every time the past three days. They are clearly not ready for a big (demanding) user market, their support is horrendous, which is to be expected for a low budget tablet.
After your tip, I will give this tablet a second chance.
Thank you !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:23 pm 

Numiah wrote:
I only registered to say thank you as well. However, who knows what these forum have to offer more :)
I decided to return the Archo's tomorrow because of the appslib failing every time the past three days. They are clearly not ready for a big (demanding) user market, their support is horrendous, which is to be expected for a low budget tablet.
After your tip, I will give this tablet a second chance.
Thank you !

Appslib market is separate from arnova. I have had a tips topic at the top of this topics list that shows how to get several markets without using appslib. And it can be done simpler than above, at least on my 10g2.