Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:25 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:15 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi. my first post.

just got my 10 g2 and have installed the android market using the none root method.
i can launch market but cant log in or create an account because theres no sim attached to the tablet.

whats the work around?

thanks in advance

richard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:20 pm 

You mean a phone sim? You do all communication thru wifi rather than phone. Go to settings and wifi setup.

P.S. this is described in the manual, but in such fine print that you might find it more readible from the download manual on arnovatech.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:37 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Just create a Google account on your pc.

https://accounts.google.com/NewAccount

Than log in. I already had a Google account when I got tablet and simply logged in. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:02 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

You can't use android market on the Arnova 10 G2 because its not a registered device on the Google android marketplace. If you do manage it then its something to share. Good luck.
At least yours appears to be working, more than I can say for mine.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

You can use the Android market on the Arnova 10g2, two ways.

First you can install a custom firmware - http://www.arctablet.com/blog/featured/ ... rket-root/

I installed this custom firmware back in November and tested for two months. It has the latest Android market and lets you install all Google services like Gmail, Maps, Google +. Very stable but there is a problem with storage space with this firmware which is been worked on. Overall excellent and when the storage problem is sorted will be top notch. And you can revert back to the original firmware very easily.

Second you can install a bare bones version of the Android market - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QSM6ATPB

Please see this link in forum for instructions - http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/arn ... -firmware/

This again gives the Android Market (Not the latest) and this is installed with the original Arnova firmware, and does work and again lets you install Google services. The only downside is it is not the latest and will not auto update to it either. But it is the full Android market.

And for the record when you install the Market in any of the ways listed below it does register you device with Google, you can check this by going to the Android market website and log into your account. My device was listed twice because Of having used the two methods listed.

There is also a third way well sort of through the web browser on your device - http://androidandme.com/2011/11/news/an ... l-devices/

So yes you can get the Android market on this device, maybe not officially from Arnova.

:) :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:44 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

thanks for your help.

i've managed to get it sorted and i am trying to get the kindle app without much success.

is it possible without going into the rooting method

thanks
richard.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:51 am 

frogeye1000 wrote:
is it possible without going into the rooting method

The previous post covered that alternative as second option, and I have also covered it in the sticky topic "setup tips" which is stuck up higher in the topic list with an "i" symbol. Also note other issues in the sticky topics - they were put there to head off common problems.

There is also a new rooted approach which I mention elsewhere that probably obsoletes the current rooting method. But why muck with rooting if you don't need it?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:16 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

thanks for the reply. we might be talking about different issues.

i had no problems installing the google apps pack and running it. the problem i had was i couldn't register the device to allow me to access and download from android market. i have since sorted that problem.

the next problem i had was that the kindle app was not in the old version of android market. i have since sorted that by inporting it from another web site and it works fine except for the top line of the text being covered by the tool bar, which i also read about on the web somewhere.

so the only problem i'm left with is, is there a way of increasing the margins in kindle to bring the text down, or a way of removing the tools bar.

cheers
richard.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:34 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Richard,

I have the same issue not being able to add the Google account on my tablet. I have set wifi only but still no luck.

I have a Google account which i use on my Galaxy S.

How did you resolve this on your tablet?

Cheers,

Simon.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:24 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Do not try to make a google account on the tablet. Use your PC to make a google account (Gmail) and then come back to the tablet and login. If you get an error saying it cant talk to google follow the instructions posted in the sticky post about clearing data in googleframework and Gmail apps.

Bob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:37 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Bob,

Thanks for the reply.

I am not trying to create a new account, i am trying to sign in with my existing gmail account i use on my Galaxy S.

I have cleared all the caches as recommended but this does not help. I have also made sure it only connects via wifi by turning off the mobile data settings.

Any help will be gratefully accepted.

Cheers,

Simon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:25 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have managed to now login and the Market is working perfectly.

This is what i did....

1). Reset device to factory settings and reboot.
2). Load arctools.
3). Load Default market and apps 2.3 from arctools.
4). Reboot.
5). Signin to Market app and it worked.

Hope this helps others.

Simon.