Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:11 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:09 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi I purchased Arnova 10 G2 and have an activation code for Trend Micro Tablet Titanium Security. It states easily download the app and use the code to activate. So I selected download and it told me I had to log in and that I could use my Google account, so I logged in. It then said I cant download because the device is not registered, but did not say where or how to register it. I want to use this and am worried to use it without anti-virus and protection. Can anybody help, whats going on here.

Oh, and I am totally new to Android.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:42 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Can you login with out your Google account. The Arnova 10g2 is not Google certified so it will not show up if you have used your Google account to login. Try creating an account from your Pc than use them details to log into that software on your device

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:27 pm 

What downloader is being used? If it is google market then how did you install, and do other things download.

May be much ado about little. You can download other virus checkers and may find nothing is ever found. I realize the news stories are raising alarms about android viruses like they do every once in a while, but you can sanity check with another checker and may decide to skip it. I take solace that these tablets have no phone capability, so that eliminates a lot of potential ways to expose you to expense or trouble.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:21 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

What 'new'account can I make and where, I imagine if I create a new Google account it will behave the same.

Another issue my WiFi wont connect. keeps scanning - disconnected. It was ok last night....

Thanks for looking at the O.P.