Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:46 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Setup Tips an10g2
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:43 am 

gerry wrote:
3.1.3 market update

Thanks - the needed vending.apk being at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HMW9AOJK .
VIKING UPDATE: instead use http://www.mediafire.com/?iu9scb6nn302tkr

Was I the only one that had to wrestle with the myapps update part to avoid forcibly getting an incompatible version of flash11? BTW, now you have to click settings in order to get to gmarket myapps to update stuff.

What I did within myapps was uninstall flash 11 (which actually uninstalled the good 10.3). Then went into appslib to reinstall flash 10.3. Then the new gmarket myapps seems to accept flash 10.3 for the time being and not insist on updating to the incompatible flash11. A lot of browser tests and reboots were involved, but now this version of gmarket seems better at update mode.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:34 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

viking wrote:
gerry wrote:
3.1.3 market update

Thanks - the needed vending.apk being at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HMW9AOJK . Was I the only one that had to wrestle with the myapps update part to avoid forcibly getting an incompatible version of flash11? BTW, now you have to click settings in order to get to gmarket myapps to update stuff.

What I did within myapps was uninstall flash 11 (which actually uninstalled the good 10.3). Then went into appslib to reinstall flash 10.3. Then the new gmarket myapps seems to accept flash 10.3 for the time being and not insist on updating to the incompatible flash11. A lot of browser tests and reboots were involved, but now this version of gmarket seems better at update mode.

you must have been the only one all of us over @ arc have had no Hick ups

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:42 am 

gerry wrote:
you must have been the only one all of us over @ arc have had no Hick ups

Good - I'll just further clarify my problem itself, which really originated from the old market. It used to assume that flash10 folks wanted to upgrade to flash11 even tho that is toxic for Arnova G2. I tried flash11, then uninstalled it using settings/appl rather than using gmarket uninstall. So gmarket didn't know I wanted out from flash11 and kept trying to shove updates at me. Apparently most folks don't need my previously posted solution because they either didn't try flash11 (it no longer seems to be pushed anyway) or uninstalled it via gmarket.