Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:47 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:46 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I've installed this custom firmware on my Archos Arnova G2 and I installed ANDROID MARKET....

Follow the steps on this page and you will enjoy android market!!

http://www.arctablet.com/blog/featured/arnova-10-g2-first-custom-firmware-market-root/

Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:38 am 

Yah, we have had several threads on it, with success and no bricks yet I think. Although Philly version of tab has one brick reported. I did it and only had a glitch setting up google market because it asked me to hit accept button then got stuck without letting me hit it. But I restarted and it worked.

The app space seems to be much less! There is some discussion about it in http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/arnova-10-g2/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:08 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Make that 2 bricked Philly Tablets. Sent mine back because of this problem.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:13 am 

There was a report of getting a philly tab to work if you forced the official firmware update on it first (no guarantees).

I REALLY REGRET LOADING THIS FIRMWARE! At least so far. I tried to wait for a fix to the reported lack of app space and breakage of some games. It takes me forever to update new firmware and reload and customize apps (one takes me 20min alone). But this new one seems absolutely terrible about app space - most of it is tied up before you get started. And my favorite game just plain doesn't work. There is one app that works now that didn't before. Oh well, there's always that chance that some other cool app will be possible now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:37 pm 

My tab drained it's battery to zero in a day or two of sleep - something that never happened with original firmware. The severe shortage of app space might get some attention from the arctools folks in their next firmware, but they seem to be aiming at taking the space from somewhere else instead of reducing the needless consumption from the beginning.

I think I will download a few apps, turn them into apks, then try to reinstall the arnova firmware. All I get out of the new gmarket is being sure to get gingerbread compatible of apps. Otherwise I can always sideload froyo versions from gmarket on my archos70. A couple apps work better with the gingerbread version.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:38 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

After using arnova 10 g2 with official updated firmware with little batterry it discharged completly and after that couldn't load completly, only showed ARNOVA on screen for hours.
Now unofficial update works perfect. No problems with market.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:19 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

is this firmware still making bricks out of the philly tablet or has anyone got it to work right?