Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:19 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Help on Market and Rom
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:23 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello

I just bought a Lazer tablet (rebrand of Arnova 10g2) and im trying to get the Market and a Rom

The arctools dont work (error 28 and 20)

The rom, i cant find anyone on internet

What should i do?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:53 pm 

If you truely are an10g2 compatible, there is an absolutely horrible way to get google market documented in the G2 Info Sources sticky topic above this one. I edited in a link to a forum about it at the end of my first post there. Besides their rooted firmware approach, there is discussion of a way that doesn't require that. But the shortcut doesn't appear to work.

People are so eager to get the market, they have sometimes failed to notice or report that the required firmware update makes your tablet almost unusable. Then about 5 apps will fill your appspace (leaving some space for running) rather than maybe 50 originally. That's not the only problem. Maybe they will release a better one, or maybe ice cream android... but arctools is too busy now. I just use the market firmware to grab a few apps, convert to .apk, then go back to original firmware and reinstall apk (also use amazon market).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:40 am 

viking wrote:
People are so eager to get the market, they have sometimes failed to notice or report that the required firmware update makes your tablet almost unusable. Then about 5 apps will fill your appspace (leaving some space for running) rather than maybe 50 originally.

OK, that new firmware is somewhat useable if you get titanium backup app to push your apps out of appspace. For some reason this app does it better than settings can. I will try to document elsewhere...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:35 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ok..
But how do you do to get market firmware?
Because i only i have appslib and its quite limited on apps.

And you use the factory Rom? Its because i rooted by Android Phone, and it open the limitation (performance, tweaks, space).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:21 pm 

You can get a lot of apps from amazon market. If you want google market, there is currently only a drastic approach that may brick your device or cause other problems. There is a link to a forum about it at bottom of my first post in the sticky thread "g2 info links".

http://www.arctablet.com/blog/featured/ ... rket-root/ points you to new firmware, then you use arctools to download google market. If you have problems, please post in their forum which is meant for that. I will point out that you will get your app space shrunk by a lot, and will have to learn to use titanium backup app to move apps to sdcard for more space. I finally got pretty good results, except my games work slower for some reason.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:31 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

there is a method outlined in one of the posts here about how to install the necessary apk files to install the market, with no rooting. it works like a dream, no issues whatsoever - wonderful piece of advice