Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:04 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:46 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

So, most of you 10G2 users must have noticed how bad the viewing angle is when you tilt the tablet backwards. This is particularly annoying when watching videos. After a long time pondering I noticed that the viewing angle is only bad when you tilt it backwards but not forward. The solution could be turning the tablet upside down, but unfortunately, all video players I have found play videos in native landscape so the video is still rotated upside down. This is why you will need to download a little free app called Orientation Control. After installing, open the Orientation Switch and choose "Reversed Landscape" and Bob┬┤s your uncle!

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:53 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks, I've been looking for a way to do this, can't understand why the G2 doesn't do it as other archos tablets I've tried do this out of the box, can't wait to try it. I've been a bit hash in my opinion of the viewing angle of the G2 but it is my first tablet or media player, do you have the 7 or 10 inch version.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:45 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I got the 10G2 and it┬┤s pretty impressive in my opinion, especially for the price I bought it for.
Nevertheless, there are some flaws with the 10G2, but nothing that can┬┤t be fixed with some brainstorming.. ;)
I can┬┤t wait for some custom made rooted firmware or a nice light weight linux distro!