Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:18 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:49 pm 

Do you ever notice your sleeping G2 spontaneously turning itself on? It shows a flurry of messages in the status bar, but I never get there fast enough to read it. I suppose some app or setting is making some kind of query, maybe something I have changed recently. Next time I should check settings/applications/running services to find what is trying to check the cloud or something.

To deal with this, I changed from a long to a short screen timeout. Also I installed wifi toggle widget to turn wifi off. Now the battery drain for long sleeps is near zero. It wasn't bad enough to worry much about except when I had a very long screen timeout.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:43 am 

Hmm, I noticed 2 suspects. First, under settings/wifi there is some stuff about phone roaming defaulted to on (which I turned off). Next, I noticed that gingerbread seems to have captured and saved my gmail password, and maybe trying to synch back to the google mothership. I normally avoid giving or at least saving passwords, but I did this for some app which I have since uninstalled. However, now the browser and everything knows my gmail identity and password. Maybe I should log out somewhere, since we don't have gmarket anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:15 pm 

Nobody else has this problem? Do you keep an eye on it sometimes while it sleeps? I have grabbed it in time now and see an error message about the sdcard being removed or something, but of course that isn't true. It never complains that when awake - only when sleeping does it wake up (regularly) and complain. Maybe the new rooted firmware works differently?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:24 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Mine does the same thing and I am on the rooted firmware. Each time I get the sd card unmounted notification and then a media sync. My battery seems to last forever even with a long backlight timeout set so I haven't paid too much attention to it. Hopefully this will be fixed with further firmware development