Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:08 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:09 pm 

I downloaded the new firmware from arnovatech.com and put it at root. I was prompted about installing it (it gave a ver number which I forget - 0.5.3 or something?) with a warning it would delete apps, and I said no so I could get out and back them up. Then I plugged in power and installed firmware. Basic things seem to work, including the (still laggy) browser using flash.

It was quite a shock - almost no apps on the launcher, such as appslib which was on when I bought it. I did find appslib was installed and you could pull it's icon onto the launcher, but it couldn't bring up anything under myapps. I guess it might be worth it to set up your account with them before updating firmware. Oh, after a reboot appslib saw that I had flash and offered to give me the flash11 but I don't know if that wil work or kill things like last time.

I restored amazon market, which is giving me some but not all of the apps I thought I got from it earlier. I am confused about backed up apks I made, because different tools seem to have put them all over the place and missed others. sigh...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:29 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Yes, it nuked all my apps too, although ebooks and videos folder still there. Yes, weird that appslib app is gone.

I have noticed some significant improvements however. Before, I wasn't able to use the LastPass app, and the Pandora radio app would crap out after a few songs and I would have to reboot the tablet to get it to play again. Now it is playing well, and even restarts when bandwidth gets pinched momentarily.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:50 am 

It nuked several preloaded apps like uninstall and the office doc thing. Also I have found it takes several attempts to accomplish things, like re-pushing apps to sd. Fails at first, then works. Flash 11 still crashes things. Some games start up miscalibrated, but reboots help.