Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:40 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:00 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

:D After many people have had wifi problems with the Firmware 4.0.6 is Archos going to be updating the Firmware? Will It be getting a facelift to the new 4.1 Jelly Bean?

I have seen many people with problems with the wifi with the archos 80 G9 even after updating to the new Firmware 4.0.26 but has any one had the wifi stop responding all together? please let me know and if there is a Solution. :?: :?: :?:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:07 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Since you had posted a similar question in the other (old outdated) thread that was about (now) older and outdated firmware... (see my reply to that one).

I do not recall having seen hardly anybody complaining about the wi-fi with the (current) 4.0.26 firmware. In fact, virtually all complaints about 4.0.26 are about everything else other than wi-fi.

As for ever getting Jelly Bean on an Archos G9... I'd say forget about it! They still can't get any other firmware to work right as it is.

Also, with the large number of newer devices Archos has just recently started selling (that all come with Jelly Bean), there really would be little logic (or profit) to release a Jelly Bean upgrade for the (now outdated and almost obsolete) G9 tablets.