Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:59 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Archos 10.1 G9 Suport
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:03 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Where can I find a suport in Ireland. My tablet is Broken. I bought a tablet two years ago. I used it maybe 5 times and after stopped charging. Lay in the cabinet but in the end I decided to fix it. Please help.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I live in us, and cannot help you find a tech person. However, i just bought an archos g9 101 turbo, and discovered quickky that it is funny about charging! Here is my my method however not a means to an end.

First you need to charge your unit. ALL THE WAY.
My charger is not snug in the device. Yours is probably similar. I lay my tablet down flat, connect the cord, and put something light weight on the connector. I guess this forces a connection.

The tablet should turn on after a few minutes. DO NOT TOUCH IT.
Let your device charge for around 8-12 hours. It must reach the 100 percent stage to complete the charging cycle.

After research, it has become clear that, if you get hasty and do not let this thing charge all the way, and say reboot your device before it is done, or some other method of disrupting the charging cycle, your device gets put into a slow charge mode which can take up to 20 hours to charge, untouched/ unused. We dont want that, but if you are already there, do not worry. Just let it charge.

I know this sounds simple and becomes complicated when your charger does not fit correctly, but if you are using the correct archos charger, not an off brand copy, can rig it gently to accept your cord and initiate the charge, and you have patience, you will use your tablet again!

The biggest thing i can stress is, this is a really old device with modern specs, so we think it should work like these new guys. But we are using old gear and must be patient and gentle and smart with this. Hope this helps. And again the point is... set it and forget it....haha. but really just dont touch it untill it is all the way done, and maybe gently rig your cable, and pay attention to whats going on. Which is difficult, but not impossible.

OH! Very important...... DO NOT OVERCHARGE your unit!!!! Leaving it on charge all night when its only at 80 percent is no good. either let it run out of juice and charge it all the way, or unconnect it when it reaches 100 percent.

i hold no reponsiblity for anything good or bad that occurs to your device.
You can always fight with archos headquarters and usually win, sort of... alas, archos is in france so, i would reccomend patience on this route too :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:48 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thank you very much for your response. I'll try this method. My tablet is not used for two years. I do not know maybe is gone but I'll try. I have the original charger and see. Regards