Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:46 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: mines working
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:36 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hi

ive no pictures, but if disconnect the ribbon from the 3g dongle from the motherboard and then solder 2 wires to the plus and minus of the usb port . you can find wiring diagrams on the net of which connectors on the board are plus and minus and the other end to the plus and minus on battery. you will need get hold of a usb male to male cable as well to charge . cost about 4 quid of ebay

I will find A PHOTO and put it on here shortly of the inside of the archos , ive seen one on the net and I will photoshop the cables in so you get a rough idea,

mine is working fine , I use a wirless app of app store to transfer files over my wifi net work the app is called wifi files transfer pro

also to remember the 3g dongle usb moves , u will need to super glue this in place so the movment is no longer there.

Post subject: Re: mines working
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:11 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Er, why?

What does this achieve?

Post subject: Re: mines working
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:55 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

jpcjpc wrote:
Er, why?
What does this achieve?
I would imagine that the OP is no longer able to charge his G9 via the microUSB port. His fix allows power to be delivered via the 3G USB connector - but of course the software in the tablet does not realise it is being charged, and so you cannot do operations (such as firmware upgrades) that are only allowed when the tablet is on charge.

There is also a fire risk, as charging the tablet in this way bypasses the protection circuits and the power negotiation protocol that is normally performed when charging via the microUSB socket - but if the only alternative is to junk the tablet as it is out of warranty, this is a risk that people might be willing to take. Keep an eye on it whenever charging like this, though!