Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:07 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:23 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I recently purchased the Philips PPX2450 projector as it is advertised as 'compatible with Android tablets’ but it does not want to work with my Archos 101G9 tablet. I have tried the tablet though a TV and it works. I have also tried the projector with a Sony Android phone and that works. It's when I tried to get the Archos tablet and the Philips projector to work together that I have the problem. I have even been in to the shop I bought the tablet from to show them and they said there is definitely a problem. They thought it might be the connections on the HDMI side of things that was wrong but could not suggest where that might be as HDMI is a standard!!! I have tried different HDMI cables to no avail Archos say the tablet is android and Philips say their projector is compatible with android; both items use HDMI connectors but something somewhere is not compatible. . . and nobody seems to be bothered... apart from me that is. Any ideas please? Thanks for your time. :?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

looks like it could be the copyright protection systems kicking in the G9 has 6/ External video output disabled for Macrovision®-protected contents. and the Philips has HDMI with HDCP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-bandw ... Protection

I dont know if the 2 are compatible best to ask both Philips and Archos, Philips help lines are useless go to their facebook page and ask there you will get a better response