Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:36 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:47 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Just picked up a genuine Sony ps3 keyboard new at gamestop for €39.95
pairing was easy the 101 asked me to type a 6 digit code on the keyboard and press enter.

The Sony keyboard works very well it has a nipple for guiding the pointer or you can use arrow keys to move around the screen
with 2 mouse buttons on the bottom of the keyboard.
the keys are nice and big around the size of a full size laptop keyboard and typing is fairly fast.
the keyboard is substantial and feels solid it is powered by 2 AA batteries. it is slightly wider than the 101 and at a comfortable angle for typing.

While wireless usb keyboards do work with the 101 the fact no dongle is needed makes this an elegant solution and also means you can leave the power plugged into the micro-usb port.
with the mini-hdmi port connected to the tv the keyboard makes an effective remote and the archos 101 a nice little media centre.

The trouble with most bluetooth keyboard options they are usually over priced and or poor quality and undersized. This Sony keyboard actually feels like you could work on it for hours at a time. The 2 devices appear made for each other and with the sexy look of ics it looks like you have a 21st century laptop which is going to be great for posing round the coffee shops.
some things are better done using the touch screen others work better with the hardware keyboard and mouse and you get the choice which of which to use.

Gamestop normally carry these at €49.99 so i was quite lucky getting mine for less than €40.
Any way a great find and recommended if you want to do any serious typing on your 101. seriously loving it.