Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:46 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:06 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi there,
I have bought Archos G9 10.1 16GB Turbo 1.5Ghz processor 1GB ram from a UK retailer.
Here is my experience.

It came as Honeycomb box.Sales staff said it can be upgradable to ICS. First impression was not good.Touch screen was not working. Somehow the sales staff sorted that. After 2 days use i have noticed that its very slow when you open few web pages or few apps.Archos Tech team suggested me to upgrade to ICS. I have done that still no luck. I have returned this to the Archos as suggested by Archos Tech team and one of the Archos staff advised me that Ithe retailer sold me the old stock which is Archos 10.1 16GB turbo 1.2Ghz processor 512MB RAM .As it was retailers error i should return to them for a replacement. So far its no good experience with the G9 version. I am not sure how many of you had this experience. I didnt had a chance to read all the threads in this forum.If this is repetive topic apologise

I do understand why all the negative publicity about Archos. Its No one's fault otherthan Archos themselves. Why they have released so many versions in G9 without enough information on the retail package. I can see the customers face when they play on demo model of Archos G9 1st batches ( 1Ghz or 1.2Ghz with 512 MB).Even one of the UK retailer staff advised me do not buy the Archos as it was a rubbish tablet.Gen 8 Archos was with worst display from Archos tablet series.Gen 9 design looks very bad even the display is much better.Despite all this chaos I am not decided to give up with Archos as i am an old customer and archos fans since Gen 6.

I will update about my opinion on Archos G9 as soon as i get a replacement. If not this is my goodbye forever with Archos.BTW my Archos Gen 6 still works 100% perfect with a solid build quality ;screen with massive storage of 320GB ; 9 to 10 hours battery life for videos ( medium brightness).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:29 pm 

Ive got the smaller ram with no speed issues... i dont think the ram is normally a bottleneck here. they are working thru drawn out firmware issues, but i wasnt aware that speed was impacted. Maybe there is a problem app running background for you... see what is sucking resources thru settings, and maybe disable it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:22 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I have an Archos 10.1 G9 Turbo 16 Gb and I have to admit that I thought I was buying a tablet with the 1.5 GHz processor and 1 Gb of RAM, but it turns out that I have the 1.2 GHz processor and 512 Mb of RAM. Since I bought it off Amazon, I can't claim to have been misled by sales staff - I misled myself and didn't read through the Amazon listing thoroughly enough! Having said that, I think that it is misleading of Archos themselves to have two completely different products that are both called an Archos 10.1 G9 Turbo 16 Gb!!

OK, so I bought the wrong thing - but I am impressed enough with its performance. It does everything I want it to and the only gripe I have is with the appalling ICS upgrade, which I have commented on elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:12 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi every one,
Sorry for delay. Yes i have received the new Archos G9 101 16GB Turbo with 1 GB RAM as a replacement from the retailer. Originally they sold me the old stock :evil:

The new unit is much better and faster than the previous one.It comes with HC and i have updated the latest firmware ICS.Archos clearly mentioned on the box its 1.5Ghz and 1GB ram with a sign of ICS symbol. Please this might help in case if you are byuing online or other shops. If it have only HC symbol even it says Turbo it could be 1.2GHz and 512MB RAM.

No detailed review here as i am posting all my views about this new archos in the other thread.