Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:21 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: screen goes on and off
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:52 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

To put my problem aside from any touchscreenproblems, the title sais enough.

My screen goes on and off without any clear reason. I thought it was the message-function or the wifi so I turned those off. But it still happens. Especially at nights it's quiet annoying because it's very bright in a dark bedroom.
Does anyone recognise this problem?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

so, no one has this problem?

I've put it on the loader about half an hour ago and the screen goes on and of on irregular intervals but about 10 times this last half hour.

What causes this? Is there an App running thaI cant quit?

Please if anyone recognises this just respond because I'm not sure if anything is wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:10 am 

So it wakes up from sleep, under the latest firmware? Grab it upon wakeup and check the various settings screens that show what apps are active and how much they are drawing battery. I guess you should reboot before going to sleep so you can batter see what is using the battery during sleep. Then you can sometimes disable a suspicious app, but it's strange you have this problem at all.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:54 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanx for your reply. While reading it, the sceen went on and off 3 times (in aprox 4min.)

While reading your reply I thought that maybe I don't put it to sleep correct.
When I put the tablet away I press the on/off-button shortly and the screen goes dark.

When I press it longer a menu pops up with the questions if I want to put it to sleep, reboot or turn it off. I normaly don't put it to sleep this way.

When I look up what uses the battery. I can see that for the last 2 hours it's mostly the harddisk (63%) , then the screen (36%) and 'inactive' 2%

When I looked in "apps running" I saw that an olympic games-app kept popping up I deleted it and hope that was the problem. Though I can't remember also having the problem before installing this app.

BTW
There are a lot of apps running even when wifi is turned off. I tried to delete Brief Me, but it came back by itself. I don't know what kind off app it is, but I never used it, so why is it running? Same goes for 2 differend apps called Maps and a bunch off Apps that have the subtext cached background process.

If so many processes are running, how can I find out what's causing the problem? But even more interesting might be why are these running without having them started up myself - ever.) (Key chain(?), MusicFX(?), Google search)