Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:37 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:40 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Does anyone know how to contact Archos support? I bought a turbo G9 from them which arrived Friday 13th (I know, I know!) and it has been locking up ever since. I logged in to the support site the first day and sent a support request, to which I got the standard email acknowledgement telling me I would hear back from them by email within 2 working days. That was 9 days ago and I haven't heard anything from them even though I submitted another support request a couple of days after the first one.

I'm pretty sure it is a hardware fault because it locked up on me while performing a reformat from the BIOS recovery menu, so that rules out the Android o/s. But unless I can find some way of communicating with this company then I don't really know how I can get them to sort it out.

Has anyone got some working contact details?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:43 am 

you need to say what country for any telephone numbers!
also keep requesting a rma, i think it took me last time around 5 attempts, but it could be an issue with the site so keep requesting.
roy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:16 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

You need to reply to the email they send you. That is how it works, then you can send them emails to [email protected] <-- this is europe-address. US might have different address.

Their support is very slow answering anything, so just wait it out and spam them every few days. I took almost month to replace my product as they lost the package i sent them. Luckily i had such service where i could track the package and it was registered as delivered to their address so they just took their time until they found it.

In a nutshell, their support is slow and very sucky when it comes to communication.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:30 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for the replies. It's good to know it's not just me! I'm in the UK by the way, I should have said.

I've given up on the tablet and the company, which is a real shame because theoretically it was exactly right for me, but this company is such a mess that I just want out. A tablet that can't synchronise sound and video in flash is no use to me. One that resets every 20 minutes - even less so.

I've emailed them telling them I want to return within the 7 working days period as per their sales T&Cs but I'm worried that I won't hear back from them and they'll say I was outside of the 7 days. Their T&Cs say:-

ARTICLE VII: RETRACTATION RIGHT
Except games and software downloaded from archos.com, the consumer disposes of a delay of 7 working days from the reception of the goods to return the products which do not suit him at his own expenses. Any return shall be reported, preliminarily to Archos the following e-mail address: [email protected] . Only the products returned in good condition and in their intact packaging will be accepted and reimbursed. Any product deteriorated or damaged which cannot be resold as in condition will not be reimbursed or exchanged.

I've already emailed [email protected] saying I want to return it but I doubt I'll get a reply and I fully expect them to deny receipt of my email. What am I supposed to do now? Time's against me on the 7 day period which expires today.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:34 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hmmm, I'm getting a really bad feeling about this. I found the UK phone number for support while logged in to the Archos website and when I rang it I got "This number has not been recognised".

I can't believe that a company the size of Archos is acting like a rogue trader, not responding to emails and not having any advertised working telephone number.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

The [email protected] email address worked, thank goodness. I got instructions for how to return the tablet.

I'm really sad that this tablet was unusable because it could be a really great little unit - the kickstand and 250GB HDD really set it apart from the rest. However, having experienced their support first hand I know I'm better off washing my hands of it rather than waiting and hoping it all gets sorted. I'll leave it a while and maybe when they've got a saleable product I'll reconsider. Until then, they really need to work on the basics to do justice to this tablet.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:59 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Caph wrote:
Hmmm, I'm getting a really bad feeling about this. I found the UK phone number for support while logged in to the Archos website and when I rang it I got "This number has not been recognised".

I can't believe that a company the size of Archos is acting like a rogue trader, not responding to emails and not having any advertised working telephone number.

Hi, check out my post from this week STUCK AT RECOVERY this has the number I used this week ringing from the UK and got straight through. (They are in France I think)
Good luck

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:46 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for the helpful responses. I still haven't had my money back but I'm hoping they are just being slow about it.

This is just a quick follow up to say I bought an original Motorola Xoom 32GB plus 64GB micro SD for about the same price as the 101G9 250GB and the difference is unbelievable. It feels much more solid and is so much more responsive. I can actually fling/flick the screen, something that I could never reliably achieve on the Archos. If I hold an icon and drag it quickly on the homescreen, the icon actually follows my finger rather than jumping back to where it came from. It has never crashed since I got it. It has never overheated. It charges in a couple of hours rather than 12! The screen doesn't show interference lines when I pick it up by just the bottom bezel. The battery life is way, way better. The battery actually charges rather than discharges when I'm using it while plugged in to the mains. iPlayer (and Flash in general) has sound and video synchronised! GTA3 installed and ran, something which I just couldn't do on the Archos with either Honeycomb or ICS.

In short, it is everything I hoped the Archos G9 would be. It's like going from a cheap android phone to a nice new HTC quality phone.

I really miss the kickstand though!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Well I got my refund for the full cost including tax and shipping so I can't fault them on that score. I did have to cover the return postage myself though but I'll chalk that one up to experience.

Thanks for the help, and good luck to all you guys still experiencing all the same problems I had. Remember, if you send it back, the XOOM is well worth considering as a replacement.