Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:41 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:06 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi everybody, I have seen many questions in this forum relating to the problem I'm going to explain, but none of them resolved it.

I recently bought a case for my Archos 101 9G Turbo, which has a built-in USB keyboard, but I can not make it work by simply connecting the usb cable from the keyboard either the micro USB port (with and adapter) or the normal USB port. The tablet shown in the photo is not the Archos, but it is right to illustrate the example.

As you can see, the case has an USB cable coming out of the keyboard. I updated the tablet firmware to the new ICS 4.0 so maybe it is a drivers problem.

My approaches are:

1. The keyboard works because I plugged it into my computer.
    2. The tablet USB also works because I plugged in an USB hub with a LED screen and it received energy (both via micro usb and via normal usb activating the 3G option).
    3. I read that maybe it is a power consuption problem because when the keyboard is plugged in the built-in lights (for example, the upper case key) don't work. I have also tried to plug in a mouse and nothing happens.

I wonder if anyone else had this problem and how he solved it. Should I use a bluetooth keyboard? This video proves that it is possible to connect the keyboard, but he has Android Honeycomb and I think that this is the problem (the new 4.0 firmware) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC0Y8uCE ... ure=relmfu.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:28 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

No one has experienced the same problem? I know that this is a very common issue between Archos users, not only the USB drivers problem, but the fact that the tablet freezes itself and some apps do not work (I can play a few seconds of BIA2 and then bang! a crash...). Archos suggested me to format the device, to reinstall the latest firmware (4.05) but this didn't solve anything. Despite of this issues, usb memory sticks are working! No one has found a solution (new firmware, or maybe I need an specific Archos keyboard, mouse...)?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:42 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I have exactly that case for both my Archos and my Arnova and the keyboard works fine with both.

However, I do find that I need to switch the devices on and allow them to fully power up before connecting the keyboard. For the Archos, I plug the micro-to-real USB adapter in, which switches to device on. I then wait for it to be fully powered up before plugging the keyboard's USB plug into the adapter's socket.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:15 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I plug my USB wireless mouse into mine and its ok :) :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:58 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Why is this in the G8 forum?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:09 am 

Moved to the correct forum section.