Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:45 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Your favourite apps?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:54 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

It seems like the 101 G9 is a bit picky regarding apps. Badly designed apps tend to either crash or force a reboot. I have spent the day doing some experimenting, and found these apps which I recommend, and which also seems quite stable:

Twitter: Tweetcaster pro. This is designed for the tablet, and uses the big screen in a nice way.
Facebook: The stock app is usable, but not designed for the big screen. FriendCaster is way better, and if you use the tablet in landscape mode, makes very nice use of the screen estate.
Browser: So far, the battle is a draw between the stock app and Dolphin HD. Both crashes regularly, but Dolphin maybe a little less.

All the Google apps are rock solid, and the gmail, contact and map applications are my favourites. I miss a tablet app for G+, and hopefully Chrome will be a stable web browser when it matures.

rgds

Ole Irgens

Post subject: Re: Your favourite apps?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:52 pm 

there is a thread on this in the general g9 area that i have been thinking of making sticky. i think some apps like dolphin will have to come out with new versions better adapted to ics android. still preferable to stock browser for me.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:24 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am used a all kind of devices, My favorite app i have used is

1)Temple Run
2)iWedPlanner
3)Angry Bird
4)Flickr
5)Facebook

In this, The "iWedPlanner" is very useful app to me for my wedding planning. It really helped me in all stages of wedding planning and has various features like Easy finding of wedding resources, Creating wedding personnel wedding website and Many More. You can get this app from the app store or google play.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:27 am 

tune in radio pro, audible app, tapatalk, and mort all seem to work fine for me, i alos love picFolio (another payed for program), the app is so quick even with my 20 odd gbs of photos it streams them though very quickly.
browsers - chrome ive had best luck with all my devices,
i dont play many games on the 101 as i find it a bit big to give good contols, but riptide works very well, shame the enhanced graphics are not shown like they are on my htc one x.
as for the social network apps YUCK, i remove them and treat them as bloat ware as i cannot stand farcebook, twatter. i am partial to g+ though as it gives me more control.